OEM Bridgestone tire wear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, why in the heck did Bridgestone quit making the 020s in favor of this POS 021? You get weird wear and damn little tire life with the 021. Maybe they needed to sell more tires? <_< Ed
Originally I had an 06 with 020s. The front tire cupped (which was a major flaw of the 020 front tires) by 5K & replaced with an 021.
+1 to the cupping on the 020's. Was an aweful racket...ack.

I was lucky enough to have them on both the 05 FJR and 06 FZ6... :(

Sooooo, you really are a glutton for punishment! :rolleyes:

[SIZE=8pt]BTW, I'm probably going "chocolate shopping" tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you....[/SIZE]

Returning to topic:

I liked the stickiness of the 021s but NOT the wear mileage. I've been known to be aggressive but any tire that only lasts 3500 miles on a trip from Sacramento CA to Park City UT and back, isn't the tire for me!

The front tire was V-shaped and frightening on "turn in". Uhm, yes, I DID enjoy the mountain roads on my trip, but 3,500 miles!?!?!? :blink:

I much prefer the 9500+ miles I got from the PR2 rear. The PR2 front is still mounted @ 11,450 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo, you really are a glutton for punishment! :rolleyes:

[SIZE=8pt]BTW, I'm probably going "chocolate shopping" tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you....[/SIZE]

Returning to topic:

I liked the stickiness of the 021s but NOT the wear mileage. I've been known to be aggressive but any tire that only lasts 3500 miles on a trip from Sacramento CA to Park City UT and back, isn't the tire for me!

The front tire was V-shaped and frightening on "turn in". Uhm, yes, I DID enjoy the mountain roads on my trip, but 3,500 miles!?!?!? :blink:

I much prefer the 9500+ miles I got from the PR2 rear. The PR2 front is still mounted @ 11,450 miles.
Well, in BC we get to use all of the tire, not just the center, so they last a bit longer... :p

I've been known to be aggressive but any tire that only lasts 3500 miles on a trip from Sacramento CA to Park City UT and back, isn't the tire for me!

Well, in BC we get to use all of the tire, not just the center, so they last a bit longer... :p
We have a slight misunderstanding, mon ami blond, I didn't wear out the center of the tires, but the edges. That's what surprised me! My little sojourn included the Sawtooth Mountains in CO, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, a nice little day ride out to Flaming Gorge and back, then home around Bear Lake UT, back through the Sawtooth, through Hell's Canyon into OR and then South through the Klamath Mountains before the 200 miles of freeway home. :bleh:

Local salesman was trying to talk me into the Continental Conti Road Attack today - research time. Again.

I've been known to be aggressive but any tire that only lasts 3500 miles on a trip from Sacramento CA to Park City UT and back, isn't the tire for me!

We have a slight misunderstanding, mon ami blond, I didn't wear out the center of the tires, but the edges. That's what surprised me! My little sojourn included the Sawtooth Mountains in CO, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, a nice little day ride out to Flaming Gorge and back, then home around Bear Lake UT, back through the Sawtooth, through Hell's Canyon into OR and then South through the Klamath Mountains before the 200 miles of freeway home. :bleh:

Wuz just yankin yer chain Mikey, and look! It worked!

I am about to rip off the 021's that replaced the noisey 020's on the feej. I know well of the scary turn in. Great wet stick, did fine in the snow, BUT...weird tire.

I am currently shopping for 2 sets of PR2's...