Official NAFO Announcement Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I truly regret not being able to get to the NAFO. I hope you all have a great time and when you try the Vegemite think of me and try to smile when you do.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Upright not Uptight
Hey Surly.

I sure hope I'm not around anyone smiling and thinking of you as they have that distinctive salty taste in their mouth. :D

Al.
Be really careful there Al, you are getting HotRodZilla and RadioHowie all excited! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Well I have finally been contacted and sent my money in a couple of days ago but still waiting for conformation to show on list

at least Im getting closer to having it done

Last edited by a moderator:
As for Canadian dollars, I almost always buy some and almost never end up using them. Most places (fuel, food, groceries) take credit cards and the conversion fees (approximately 1% to 3%)are about the same as the "vig" when one converts currency. For me, there is also a transaction fee at the ATM for foreign currency so the tendency is to buy more than I need. Of course, that then provides a welcome excuse to head back north to Cannuckistan. YMMV.

"Bring your rain gear."

This is my thinking... When I am in the Unitied States I get and use American money. I can't see why a tourist won't do the same in Canada.

As for "bring your rain gear", a well planned motorcyclist would plan for rain but hope not to use it.

Now, should we maybe talk about snow?
Tom, what ever I have in leftover Loonies, I will spend on beer for you before I head back south. :)

SNOW?? Crap, I have to contend with 100+F (what is that, 12C in Canadian?) crossing Kansas only to deal with snow later on? :huh:

As for Canadian dollars, I almost always buy some and almost never end up using them. Most places (fuel, food, groceries) take credit cards and the conversion fees (approximately 1% to 3%)are about the same as the "vig" when one converts currency. For me, there is also a transaction fee at the ATM for foreign currency so the tendency is to buy more than I need. Of course, that then provides a welcome excuse to head back north to Cannuckistan. YMMV.

"Bring your rain gear."

This is my thinking... When I am in the Unitied States I get and use American money. I can't see why a tourist won't do the same in Canada.

As for "bring your rain gear", a well planned motorcyclist would plan for rain but hope not to use it.

Now, should we maybe talk about snow?
Tom, what ever I have in leftover Loonies, I will spend on beer for you before I head back south. :)

SNOW?? Crap, I have to contend with 100+F (what is that, 12C in Canadian?) crossing Kansas only to deal with snow later on? :huh:
Skip also make sure you bring along any spare Mexican Pesos that you have, the Canucks will take them as currency too! I have to warn you though, the Canucks make really lousy tacos!

last night i was attempting to pull myself over a railing and forgot that i am 51 and not 21........needless to say i didn't make it and went head first on to to concrete path. i put my arms out to brace my fall and hyperextended my left arm.

I thought I had just sprained but after an x-ray it turns out i fractured my elbow. (it is more like a small chip).

I have to see an orthopedic doctor in the next few days and will know more then.

worst comes to worst i WILL be in the Audi........

R

P.S one handed typing sucks.
Add me to the injured list :( .. like Richard, worst comes to worst I'll be in a cage.

Tried to sever my finger yesterday on a table saw :rolleyes: , yeah, silly huh ?. Broke the tip bone at the joint and 10 stitches to close the wound. Painkillers are my friends :D

last night i was attempting to pull myself over a railing and forgot that i am 51 and not 21........needless to say i didn't make it and went head first on to to concrete path. i put my arms out to brace my fall and hyperextended my left arm.

I thought I had just sprained but after an x-ray it turns out i fractured my elbow. (it is more like a small chip).

I have to see an orthopedic doctor in the next few days and will know more then.

R

Add me to the injured list :( .. like Richard, worst comes to worst I'll be in a cage.

Tried to sever my finger yesterday on a table saw :rolleyes: , yeah, silly huh ?. Broke the tip bone at the joint and 10 stitches to close the wound. Painkillers are my friends :D
Dumb Ass. Don't do that. See you there one way or the other.

Is this a worldwide trend? Last month, my brother-in-law (in the UK) removed his index finger the same way - it has been re-attached at a slight angle. He is a superb craftsman and was using a push-stick.

Anyway, sorry to hear this.

See you there.

Al.

R

Very sorry to hear about this Roger, get well quickly and come to NAFO anyway that you can!

R

Very sorry to hear about this Roger, get well quickly and come to NAFO anyway that you can!
gunny that!

Sorry to hear.........hope to you guys up here somehow :)

R

gunny that!

+10, Double Gunny; it would certainly be nice if a Fellow Scouser (from Norwich!) would serve as your Chauffeur with a beautiful and fast Audi automobile to transport you fine folks to Castlegar.

It is the very least that an Englishman Countryman should do for you two! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

R

gunny that!

Ditto. Sorry for both of ya. Maybe someone ought to look into a bus tour for the wounded, hey, you could even carry the ice chest for your two wheel brethren. ;)

Maybe someone ought to look into a bus tour for the wounded, hey, you could even carry the ice chest for your two wheel brethren. ;)
First of all, condolences to the walking wounded.

I think you're on to something with the bus idea. It could bring all those that can't ride, serve as a sag wagon for some and a rolling pub for others. Now all we need is sponsorship from all the farkle manufacturers, :clapping: which could pay for the whole damn thing.

I was thinking about this the other day. When you put 100 or more FJR nuts in the same place like NAFO, what do you think the collective value of the farkle$ alone on all those bikes is? ;)

+10, Double Gunny; it would certainly be nice if a Fellow Scouser (from Norwich!) would serve as your Chauffeur with a beautiful and fast Audi automobile to transport you fine folks to Castlegar.

It is the very least that an Englishman Countryman should do for you two! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Um..... Don, to be a 'scouser' you have to come from Liverpool (well Merseyside anyway). Norwich is the other side of the country. :)

Jes' sayin etc.

Al.

Um..... Don, to be a 'scouser' you have to come from Liverpool (well Merseyside anyway). Norwich is the other side of the country. :)

Jes' sayin etc.

Al.
And I though Don new it all! :eek:

Jes' sayin etc.

Al.
And I though Don new it all! :eek:
Actually Kevin, Al and Sam, I did know that one! Roger and Deb are going to have to make Richard an "Honorary Scouser", that is why I pointed out clearly Fairlaner was from Norwich!

Been to Liverpool twice, once on my BMW from Germany in 1970 on leave from the Army and once again on vacation in 1980! Very nice city with really great people! Like our RogDeb!

DC, very sorry that you won't be making this NAFO run. Maybe something will change between now and then so that you can revise your plans. As for the pic, yeah that jolted me, too, pretty strongly but it was the only shot I had of the Richard and his Audi and the good memories came back along with the sorrow.

My friend in Vashon, who might ride up to Castlegar to visit, made only one comment when I informed him of the rally: "Bring your rain gear." With June rain historically 13.5 days out of 30 days in the month, and with our being there for three or four days, he's probably correct.

Weatherbase Data For Castlegar
https://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html Brother Joseph, I've been keeping my eye on Canadian Currency and it is par close right now.

So, I went down to Chase Bank here in Chandler and grabbed my Loonies and Toonies for NAFO! Converted 1 USD to 1.02886 CAD!

Actually Kevin, Al and Sam, I did know that one! Roger and Deb are going to have to make Richard an "Honorary Scouser", that is why I pointed out clearly Fairlaner was from Norwich!

Been to Liverpool twice, once on my BMW from Germany in 1970 on leave from the Army and once again on vacation in 1980! Very nice city with really great people! Like our RogDeb!
Looking forward to meeting up with some 'homies'.

Maybe I can cook up some 'scouse' (stew) and have an initiation ceremony for Richard?

scouse01.jpg

Al.