OFFICIAL SFO 2013 RALLY thread = May30-Jun2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camping is not mentioned on their website (https://www.hubinfo.com/) that I can find, but they're nice folks. Give 'em a call.

870-743-4062 pls use this local # if you have free long distance...saves them $$$

800-597-9963 toll free

+1 give Debbie a call - nice folks!

I'm not sure what the "Indoor Camping" is about, but it seems like someone camped last year on the lower end of the property. There are no issues with camping at The Hub. I had actually considered it myself this year, but that'd be a little much for Pegsparks. He needs a powder room for his primping time
flirt.gif

IN!

Just me - Brandon Milam

2007 FJR1300A Black Cherry

1 Room - King

Arriving Thursday (May 30) Leaving Jun 2 (Sun)

Will be leaving from Southwest Alabama early Thursday morning crack o'dawn, thinking about swinging through Hot Springs & Russellville on the way up those look like nice roads.

PS: Still a double room available, as of 5/13/13

Last edited by a moderator:
IN!
Just me - Brandon Milam

2007 FJR1300A Black Cherry

1 Room - King

Arriving Thursday (May 30) Leaving Jun 2 (Sun)

Will be leaving from Southwest Alabama early Thursday morning crack o'dawn, thinking about swinging through Hot Springs & Russellville on the way up those look like nice roads.

PS: Still a double room available, as of 5/13/13
If you come up on 7, be careful, it's patrolled...especially between Hot Springs and Russellville
angry01.gif

Camping is not mentioned on their website (https://www.hubinfo.com/) that I can find, but they're nice folks. Give 'em a call.

870-743-4062 pls use this local # if you have free long distance...saves them $$$

800-597-9963 toll free

+1 give Debbie a call - nice folks!

I'm not sure what the "Indoor Camping" is about, but it seems like someone camped last year on the lower end of the property. There are no issues with camping at The Hub. I had actually considered it myself this year, but that'd be a little much for Pegsparks. He needs a powder room for his primping time
flirt.gif
Yeah I think I remember a few people camping out by the campfire after a few bottles of whiskey last year. I think they had a room though.
drinks.gif

GP

Last year I had a triple queen room with 2 roommates...personally, I would invite any camper facing a nasty weather night for inside camping in a corner of the room.

<assuming you ride a Japanese brand bike>
rolleyes.gif

Woot!
Thanks Petey! I've never been up there so I'll probably just be poking along on my way up 7, anyways.
I'm sure Petey knows better than I but for whatever reason we usually don't see a lot of patrols on Hwy 7, especially outside of Hot Springs on the "Scenic Byway". (Now that I've jinxed myself ----
uhoh.gif
) .... anyway Saltcreep, I certainly recommend that run on your way up. It's definitely on our homeward route.

Launch date - 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hrs and counting.
punk.gif

Patriot and I are still looking for a third to share our triple room. It's a bargain at $25/night! If you've been considering SFO and are short on funds, this is your opportunity.

We're both well behaved (but Mike does snore).

Let either of us know ASAP.

Thanks

Found an interesting video from a past SFO:

yeah, must have been Dan Qauyle who showed them to spell "Rally" with an "E" as in "Ralley",,

We have had lots of rain up here and it is very green and lush now so it will be beautiful with water in the streams.

See you boys in a couple of weeks.

If I were riding down HW 7 towards Hot Springs I would avoid the town as its quite a tourist trap and the traffic in town can be bad.

But HW 7 is a great ride all the way down to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer!! Just had some family stuff come up and I had to cancel...dangit. I will make it next year, might try to catch one of the other groups. Good news is this will free up a King room!!!

Bummer!! Just had some family stuff come up and I had to cancel...dangit. I will make it next year, might try to catch one of the other groups. Good news is this will free up a King room!!!
Somebody better grab that room.

GP

I had actually considered it myself this year, but that'd be a little much for Pegsparks. He needs a powder room for his primping time
flirt.gif
Terry (Pegsparks)...let the air out of Turk's tires at night when he's in his beer induced coma and fill his helmet with shaving cream! :) lol

Reservations made!
- Doug Worley

- Party of One!

- 2007 FJR

- 1 Room

- Double Queen

Looking forward to the ride over, the ride around and the ride home! Meeting some or all you "Knuckle Heads" is just an inconvenience... HA!

Anyone want to split the room is welcome!
Hi Doug,

I am a new member and planning on attending. I would like to take you up on the spare bed and possibly meet you in Tulsa for the ride there.

Fred
Fred, sounds good if I can hold up my bargain with my wife. That depends on the acitons of a very large corproation on which we are waiting an answer on business issues. So, if that business deal does not happen I will not be riding fur pieces until a little later in the year. If I cannot make it you can take my reservation. (I'll call Deb at the hub...) If I can make it then we can ride from Tulsa together and split the room when we get there.

Petey will be joining us on the ride over. He posts here as well. email me at [email protected]

ya'll are going to have to partake of Arkansas roads without me
sadsmiley.gif

for the first time in many years, my wife is off for a week that the kids have nothing scheduled. This may be the last chance for all of us to vacation together...my daughters are 20 & 18 and making plans for the future. I'm planning a series of day trips together to make it much more affordable.

ya'll ride safe and think of me when you take that first bite of prime rib
snitch.gif

I'll continue to do my "no rain dance" for ya'll
grin.gif

best

Mike in Nawlins
innocent.gif