Ojai ride Sunday July 1st

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JB and I will shoot for Creston at about 12ish. Thanks for the details dcarver
Silent, you have a personal e-mail. I'm proposing we meet at the Starbucks between 9 and 9:30 to get into Creston NLT 12:30.

Don, please PM me with your cell number so we can rendezvous if not finding each other. You have mine on a PM.

JB

JB and I will shoot for Creston at about 12ish. Thanks for the details dcarver
Silent, you have a personal e-mail. I'm proposing we meet at the Starbucks between 9 and 9:30 to get into Creston NLT 12:30.

Don, please PM me with your cell number so we can rendezvous if not finding each other. You have mine on a PM.

JB
JB - PM with cellie sent.

If nothing else, I will see ya'll in Creston at 12:30!

Good night, see you then. :rolleyes:

I just left Rayban a message on his cell telling him that we are meeting at the chevron on victoria.

hopefully he will get it in the morning.

see ay all tomorrow.

R

Hey dcarver:

Since those of us coming from the south will be westbound on 58, what about the La Panza Rd. route instead of going into Atascadero and backtracking?

My GPS and Google Earth indicate a good road. La Panza from 58 to 41. Turn left cross the bridge, turn left and we're in Creston.

Comments?

Hey dcarver:
Since those of us coming from the south will be westbound on 58, what about the La Panza Rd. route instead of going into Atascadero and backtracking?

My GPS and Google Earth indicate a good road. La Panza from 58 to 41. Turn left cross the bridge, turn left and we're in Creston.

Comments?
Sorry I didn't see this.. had already left.. but, as you know by now, a good route!

Heard on the way home from Creston: "Ello, mate, me name's Fairlaner and for me, lane sharing begins at 80." :blink:

Jebus Crispies! :eek:mg:

Nice ride. Good to see y'all and meet youze newz guyz! Carver, thanks for suggesting the Gut Bomb Palace. Four Stars, me thinks! :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard on the way home from Creston: "Ello, mate, me name's Fairlaner and for me, lane sharing begins at 80." :blink:
Jebus Crispies! :eek:mg:

Nice ride. Good to see y'all and meet youze newz guyz! Carver, thanks for suggesting the Gut Bomb Palace. Four Stars, me thinks! :good:
He got alot worse on the Hwy 101 Lane spit in the 90 's caught it all on tape lol ooops did i say that out loud

JD

Freakin' Fairlaner.. Them English dudes are freakin DAFT if you know what I mean.

Sounds like 1/3 of the crew report back safe; waiting on updates from JB and Silent, RayBan.

Jeesh, RayBan was heading all the way to San Diego. He's another CBA reject.. :unsure:

Edit-

Jdog - the lady friend sez you may as well be English too.. :glare: Not sure what she meant by that...

well i am home in one peice so all is good.

But that was KPH right.

Tim you need to try lane splitting at 80 (KPH) thru stationary traffic, i can assure that gets your juices flowing :rolleyes:

who is doing ride report?

DC tell Shauna that Jeff is Australian.

R

But that was KPH right.

Tim you need to try lane splitting at 80 (KPH) thru stationary traffic, i can assure that gets your juices flowing :rolleyes:

R
I never saw Rayban again after we rocketed past him in Carp.

Richard you know i tape that Lane splitting almost all the way home. I put new flash card in @ Santa Barbara Its gonna be scary to watch it back. :blind:

Are you all completely Nuts... Im not English or a Aussy..... Im a frickin Minority though :bleh:

But that was KPH right.

R
I never saw Rayban again after we rocketed past him in Carp.

Richard you know i tape that Lane splitting almost all the way home. I put new flash card in @ Santa Barbara Its gonna be scary to watch it back. :blind:
OH NO

no license plates dude.

R

Freakin' Fairlaner.. Them English dudes are freakin DAFT if you know what I mean. Sounds like 1/3 of the crew report back safe; waiting on updates from JB and Silent, RayBan.

Jeesh, RayBan was heading all the way to San Diego. He's another CBA reject.. :unsure:

Edit-

Jdog - the lady friend sez you may as well be English too.. :glare: Not sure what she meant by that...
Welp, I made it home in one piece. Last I saw JB, I'd pointed him twards home on 680. He should be there in about an hour. Waiting on Pizza, I'll post some pics up a bit later B) Excelent ride, and great meeting all you nice people! (did I say nice? :blink: )

Freakin' Fairlaner.. Them English dudes are freakin DAFT if you know what I mean. Sounds like 1/3 of the crew report back safe; waiting on updates from JB and Silent, RayBan.

Edit-

Welp, I made it home in one piece. Last I saw JB, I'd pointed him twards home on 680. He should be there in about an hour. Waiting on Pizza, I'll post some pics up a bit later B) Excelent ride, and great meeting all you nice people! (did I say nice? :blink: )
Silent, good to hear you made it home safe n' sound.

This group, the FJR crowd, I have to say I'm impressed with.. 8,9,10,11,12 hours just to have a FREAKING lunch at a dive? :unsure: You are all rebels without a clue!

...hope to hear from RayBan soon. He was the longest distance ride for the day.

Me? I'm really happy to be the Candy Butt Association CEO and PREZ. My butt still hurts after, what, 125 miles? :blink:

Rolled into the driveway at 8:49 PM, about 15 minutes ago. The tripometer show 499.5 miles from the time I pulled out this morning at 7:30 AM. Does that make me a member of the Iron Cheek Club? Okay, so let me get this straight: the 1,000-mile IBA guys would turn around and go do again right now exactly the same ride I did today, only without all the panty-waist stops? I want you to know I am beat. My wrist hurts, my hiney bottom hurts, my head is sore from the too-tight helmet, I'm crabby, constipated.... There is no freakin' way on God's green earth I could ever begin to think about doing twice that mileage in one day. :blink: My hat's off to you, uh, crazy nuts.... (I'm talking to you, JWhite518 :glare: ).

Ray, thanks for a great day! And thanks for leading the charge all day long. :clapping: You set a great pace, very comfortable.

And it was great meeting all the SoCal riders, including DCarver and the famous (infamous?) TWN.

I look forward to more such great days.

Jb

...me name's Fairlaner and for me, lane sharing begins at 80." :blink:
I knew there was something I liked about that guy....and it wasn't the speech defect. :D

And I'm here to tell you Silent does a pretty good job of dropping it a gear from freeway speed and diving into a sea of 10,000 brake lights, disappearing deep up the middle like a Houdini Hat Trick, with me goin', "Uh, okay, I got your six--'Hail Mary full of grace....'" :eek:

Thanks for the props JB :D

As promised, some random pics of the ride. We didn't stop alot for photo ops :p

This is the little hole in the wall we rode 200 miles to have lunch at B)

DSC_0970.jpg

I think this is dcarvers house, but I can't prove it

DSC_0972.jpg

The guys

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

JB and I stopped at Hurst Castle on the way back for a quick peek

DSC_0995.jpg

Cool firetruck stuffed inside the visitor center

DSC_0989.jpg

Bixby Bridge pics. Did I mention that it was beautiful on 1?

DSC_1000.jpg

I didn't?

DSC_1005.jpg

You sure?

DSC_1007.jpg

Well, it was B)

DSC_1014.jpg

I logged 409 for the day, and an excellent day it was :yahoo: Thanks for the invite JB

Rolled into the driveway at 8:49 PM, about 15 minutes ago. The tripometer show 499.5 miles from the time I pulled out this morning at 7:30 AM. Does that make me a member of the Iron Cheek Club? Okay, so let me get this straight: the 1,000-mile IBA guys would turn around and go do again right now exactly the same ride I did today, only without all the panty-waist stops? I want you to know I am beat. My wrist hurts, my hiney bottom hurts, my head is sore from the too-tight helmet, I'm crabby, constipated.... There is no freakin' way on God's green earth I could ever begin to think about doing twice that mileage in one day. :blink: My hat's off to you, uh, crazy nuts.... (I'm talking to you, JWhite518 :glare: ).
Ray, thanks for a great day! And thanks for leading the charge all day long. :clapping: You set a great pace, very comfortable.

And it was great meeting all the SoCal riders, including DCarver and the famous (infamous?) TWN.

I look forward to more such great days.

Jb

...me name's Fairlaner and for me, lane sharing begins at 80." :blink:
I knew there was something I liked about that guy....and it wasn't the speech defect. :D
Step it up JB... 1,500 for 7 straight days.. Or, just be satisfied with CBA status..

..BTW..

Dude,

you the CBA fund now.. :rolleyes: