Ojai ride Sunday July 1st

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it home at 8:22p. 875 miles total round trip in a little over 20 hours....ouch.

Yeah, jdog and richard blew by me on 101 doing more high speed lane splitting on the 101 towards LA. I tried to keep up a while, then backed off because they.....well, they're just frickin' insane, nuf said!!

Thanks to all for a great time. My pinky in my throttle hand is dead/numb, I'm sure it will come back. Fried like a lobster from forgetting my gloves (ouch). Sore and tired, but still can't wipe the grin off my face. Awesome time. It was great meeting you all. See you again soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Freakin' Fairlaner.. Them English dudes are freakin DAFT if you know what I mean.
You talking about ALL of us English dudes or just Fairlaner? :)

Glad you guys had a good time. I spent the weekend at work, or else I might have been out there with you.

Jill

BTW, the few pics I took can be found on my website. Each are pretty big (2.5m+), I'm getting used to these new cameras with gagillion megapixel-sized pics. Anyway, I'll resize them later to a more web-friendly size and post them on the site. I tried to get a pic of everyone at the lunch plus a few others along the way.

One regret would be that I wish there was time at spots to stop and take pics of the beautiful scenery along the way. There were a few points where a view opened up before me that made me say "whoa". You cali natives get used to it, I guess, but we Midwestern farm boys still get a little giddy just seeing such views!

Anyway, pics can be found at www.gellenbeck.com/direct/fjr_ride_07012007

California is boring

IMG_0024.jpg

this is where it's at!

IMG_0033-1.jpg

get the lead out, get to Colorado for the best riding!

IMG_0049.jpg

clean air, cool water, & the best scenery this side of heaven.

IndependencePass.jpg

while you guys are riding in the flat lands, I'm gettin high!

Well I can't beat Rayban's San Diego Mileage. But my mileage showed about 640 miles. Not bad for a quick little morning get together.

It was nice meeting all of you. It's great to have a face to the screen name. Now I feel that I can insult you to your face :D , rather than talk about you behind your avatar.

I had to split a little early, I had promised my wife that I would be home for dinner. She is immobile from knee surgery last Thursday. Makes me seem like a real shit heal, splitting with her laid up.

And all of a sudden it's 2:00pm and I am a Half of State away from home, Long Beach. Jammed home and got home at 5:55pm. Just made it!

It was a good day. No crashes, no tickets, but a near ticket on the 101 in the morning with Fairlaner and I. Good eyes on the LEO spotting.

Look forward to the video Jdog. What about a full lenght movie. I know, we can call it "On Any Sunday". Might be a hit.

All i can say is i had a fucking blast today.

and Tim that gas stop at 101 did not get me home. It's all Jeff's fault. :crazy:

How much fun would it be to ride like we did today in the UK :rolleyes:

Where too next guys? Oh wait I know lets go to UTAH.

I guess Utah is BYOB right.

R

Wow, you guys are the men!

I arrived home in Bakersfield around 5:15. Reported directly to the pool!

Logged a mere 317 miles and five and a half hours of saddle time. Just a loop around my neighborhood. But it was fun.

Great to meet all you folks. Must do again!

And another thing! I'm sure Colorado is nice, but the roads we experienced were truly WORLD CLASS sport touring! No complaints!

Made it home at 8:22p. 875 miles total round trip in a little over 20 hours....ouch.
Yeah, jdog and richard blew by me on 101 doing more high speed lane splitting on the 101 towards LA. I tried to keep up a while, then backed off because they.....well, they're just frickin' insane, nuf said!!

Thanks to all for a great time. My pinky in my throttle hand is dead/numb, I'm sure it will come back. Fried like a lobster from forgetting my gloves (ouch). Sore and tired, but still can't wipe the grin off my face. Awesome time. It was great meeting you all. See you again soon!

Glad we all made it home.

Ray,

Got it on tape us passing you... that video will be out later on in the week.. Fairlaner at his best...we were doing good until them Damn HD riders slowed us down..... Right enough said. Im sure we will get blasted when thge video hits the net...LOL

Jdog

Tim you need to try lane splitting at 80 (KPH) thru stationary traffic, i can assure that gets your juices flowing :rolleyes:
Um, dood? You didn't notice the nose of my Wabs following you then? Granted, I used a bit more prudence in picking my lane buddies with which to share, but you didn't loose me, now did you? :bleh:

Oh, by the way, daftness has nothing to do with one's nationality, rather it relates directly to how many times you where used as the football as a baby. ;)

Really looking forward to JDog's video of my impression of TWN riding 229? :glare: :blink: :yahoo:

Um, dood? You didn't notice the nose of my Wabs following you then? Granted, I used a bit more prudence in picking my lane buddies with which to share, but you didn't loose me, now did you? :bleh:
UMMM i must have missed that, was busy avoiding other moving objects.

And Jeff just be careful what you put out there :unsure:

R

Okay, so let me get this straight: the 1,000-mile IBA guys would turn around and go do again right now exactly the same ride I did today, only without all the panty-waist stops? I want you to know I am beat. My wrist hurts, my hiney bottom hurts, my head is sore from the too-tight helmet, I'm crabby, constipated.... There is no freakin' way on God's green earth I could ever begin to think about doing twice that mileage in one day. :blink: My hat's off to you, uh, crazy nuts.... (I'm talking to you, JWhite518 :glare: ).
Not only would we turn around and do it again, we wouldn't be whining about the first half of the ride either. We'd be feeling great, just hitting our stride, ready to run some more. Of course, we'd also fix the problems before the next ride: use throttle lock more often, get comfortable seat, get helmet that fits, stay hydrated. Those farkles aren't just for talking about.

Hey JB, when are you going to finish that ride report? And do fill us in on the C-section details.