Outdoor cover needed for this summer, recommendations?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nelson Rigg Defender Extreme looks good. I'm just not sure how big it is to travel with. Anyone know?
I emailed Nelson Rigg about the size of the cover in the compression bag. They replied the next day with; 7" in diameter bag, 10" long and weighs 4 lbs. That seems a little large for taking while touring. Anybody use something that packs smaller that they like?

The Nelson Rigg Defender Extreme looks good. I'm just not sure how big it is to travel with. Anyone know?
I emailed Nelson Rigg about the size of the cover in the compression bag. They replied the next day with; 7" in diameter bag, 10" long and weighs 4 lbs. That seems a little large for taking while touring. Anybody use something that packs smaller that they like?
See post #8
-Steve

Once I got tired of the sun eating my covers up. I started putting a tarp over top of the cover. A whole lot cheaper than replacing bike covers due to UV.

I use a cotton sheet. (King size) I don't care about it being waterproof. Rolls up to a small package.

Some thin rope wrapped at the corners and an elastic band sewn in the middle. Washable. Cheap

And won't scratch your paint.