Ozarks here we coome!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm heading out with two friends sat morning for mount Nebo and some NW Arkansas adventures. Maybe we'll pass ya somewhere on the road!

Well we ended our journey with 2456 mi. We had a great time and it went too fast. My air hawk literally saved my ass. We pushed a little too long a few of those days. Mentally not physically. We had fun and only really let loose a few times. One of our newer riders had a brain fart towards the end of our second day and put his R6 in the rhubarb. It wasn't the speed that got him. The mental strain was taking its toll on all of us and he got bit first. One broken foot and a bruised ego, but over all ok. He drank plenty over the next 5 days waiting for us to get done riding. What a great place. The people were crazy nice and Rogers had every thing we needed. Any one wondering if its worth it needs to go. I had a huge smile on my face the whole week.

Agreed - Arkansas is one of the best motorcycling secrets in the world. Great riding, very well maintained roads with excellent grip (even in wet weather). Tourism is exploding there and the locals know where the bread is buttered. I'll go at least once a year, and hopefully more often than that.

I also agree. It makes for an outstanding family vacation as well, it is fantastic even without the bike. I spent part of spring break on Mt. Nebo with my parents and my wife and son. Loved it.