Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swapped the rear tire out and changed oil today. I could not slide in the rear axel without force. I figured out the angle of the caliper was changed. The tire would not even spin. After removing duct tape debris, I saw that the arm had been bent. I used my tire iron and did the best I could do. It seems to have worked(?) I have this room until the 14th, so I want to make the best of a bad situation and ride.

Gonna do a test BBG tomorrow, then swap out the front and attempt a BBG Trifecta. That will put me only one BBG behind. After that.... we shall see.

Took a day off for front tire swap and problem solving.

I absolutely have to ride my last 3 days here. This weather is totally creating problems for me. Tire changes are way ahead of schedule, so far that I will just have to adapt as the rides continue.

tony%207%2012.jpg

Something's wrong with my computer. The lines are all blurry or something. But I'm a lot like you, Tony. Every time I suspect something might be wrong with my bike I do a test BBG just as a precaution. Maybe a couple.

You go, crazy man.

Dan,

..... I want cruise control !!!

.... and I keep telling this POS gen 2 to shut up and keep going. It keeps begging me for maintenance. LOL

Then I remind it that it has 62k to go before I quit calling it a POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided to cut out my return to Earth. I went from Moon, PA to Cape Hatteras. My rear tire has 10k on it, but I want to try and make it to Cape Mendocino, CA to complete the Cape To Cape ride. I should arrive on Sunday with all the cycle shops closed... I will worry about that Sunday. Anyone in the area that has any ideas?

It would be in the Fortuna area. I would like to make it back to Redding to stay... just thinking ahead some...

Tony, what about Cycle Gear? ~I'm not in that area, so absolutely no help. However, IF there's a cycle gear shop, they should have the tire and can usually mount/balance. You just have to remove the wheel(s). Good luck!