Pennsylvania Riders - Check In Here

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm In Lebanon, just north of Harrisburg. Hey Randy I will thinking of doing the lower lakes too this year. I was looking at doing it maybe late june. I have two BMW guys that want to do the ride also and they have an open schedule. The next ride after that I want to do is the 50cc. Even if I don't make it in 50 hours I think it will be a great time and probably a sore one too :shout:

Trying to find the time. Thinking maybe doing it in early-mid July.

Did a quick look on Mapquest....

Going from Erie to Toledo to Detroit to Toronto to Kingston to Buffalo to Erie puts it at about 945 miles. If that's accurate, might have to do an off-slab excursion somewhere to pick up the extra miles since you have to start/end at the same city.

Now I'm scratching my head....

zenridersmc.com is doing a Lower Great Lakes ride on May 13. They say the route is 1040 miles.

Here's their map of the route

LowerGreatLakesRoute.jpg

Not too many FJR-S in PA. Anybody here in Clinton county last Sun 30th, Rt 120. 03 in a mixed group waiting at light. Me 05 two up east on 120.

Found some good roads up there. 144 south from Rt.6 to 120. 120 is also good along river.

Been meaning to make my way up there sometime soon. I'll let you know when I have some free time if ya don't mind showin me around.

I'm in State College, and have had my '03 for about a week. I'm riding it to a conference in RI on Wednesday to get a sense of how I might want to farkle it up for LDR.

Track N Trail in State College, by the way, has an 06 sitting on the showroom floor.

I'm in State College, and have had my '03 for about a week. I'm riding it to a conference in RI on Wednesday to get a sense of how I might want to farkle it up for LDR.
Track N Trail in State College, by the way, has an 06 sitting on the showroom floor.
Was in Ephrata on Sunday. Saw two silver FJR's. One looked to be an '04. the other looked like a European 05 ... Could it be? Couldn't find the owners, maybe next month we can all join up. Just checking in ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in Ephrata on Sunday. Saw two silver FJR's. One looked to be an '04. the other looked like a European 05 ... Could it be? Couldn't find the owners, maybe next month we can all join up. Just checking in ....
Mine was parked right at the entrance on the left behind a brand spankin new yellow BMWr1200s (sweet bike). Was at my bike the whole time except to go look at the brand new Mille and Tuono (again, sweet bikes). Wish I would have known you were going to be there. Maybe next month.

Hatfield, PA (North of Philli_Pa)
You mean NW of Philly :blink:

Scenic Horsham here. Get the bike at Montgomeryville?
Correct, it's Northwest :blink: :blink:

Got the bike at Montgomeryville

They sold 3 new '06's this year. Trying to locate # 3.

Wish I had more time to ride, barely broken in.

Wife & I are getting ready to go out on it for the first time.

It's like falling in love all over again, SIGH :blushsmiley: