Peter Behm Wins Iron Butt Rally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome rides. Congrates to all. Have a safe ride home. To those that had mishaps get well quick. :clapping:

Not to take away from all that participated, but look at the finishers list and then the non-finishers.... you will find there is no Yamaha's on the DNF list(it's to bad that the guys that crashed are on that list) Go Yamaha and congrats to all who participated...

Congratulations to all the riders! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Looking forward to hearing some of the riders perspectives.

Anyone who *enters* the IBR is a stud / studette in my book, and I'm the CBA prez saying this.

Ken M rode a helluva ride until the incident, an 'underdog' has apparently reached the brass ring, my favorite IBR FJR peep of all time did *great* (W E N D Y) and all those who finished, ESPECIALLY the mad Brit on the Triumph!?

The all have a story of a lifetime to tell - a story that only a select few have the right to recount.

I say KUDOS to all the riders! :yahoo:

..and especially to the Triumph rider, I mean, this was just phenomenal.

....and IIIRC, Peter bought RenoJohn's old FJR and then went and won the IBR? I may be wrong on this... ?

....and IIIRC, Peter bought RenoJohn's old FJR and then went and won the IBR? I may be wrong on this... ?
Don, I believe it was Peter Delean who bought RenoJohn's '04 FJR, that it was damaged or totaled before and/or during a rally not long after he bought it*, and that in this rally he was riding another '04 FJR that was a replacement for the one he bought from RJ.

As to Mr. Young on the '69 Trident -- that is one hell of an amazing accomplishment!! Bravo, sir!

And to the winner and all those who rode -- congratulations on having accomplished such an amazing feat.

* Something sticks in my mind about him getting rear ended or some such thing on his way to a rally and that he duct taped and hamburgered RJ's old hoss together to ride that rally -- only to retire it later.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fabulous win by Mr. Behm!!!

Following the IBR on line this year has been awesome. Congratulations to all the riders and may the injured heal up quick.

I can't believe the high mileage rides that took place the last 11 days. 14,185 miles OMG!!

Don, I believe it was Peter Delean who bought RenoJohn's '04 FJR, that it was damaged or totaled before or during a rally last year, and that he was riding another '04 FJR that was a replacement for the one he bought from RJ.

As to Mr. Young on the '69 Trident -- that is one hell of an amazing accomplishment!! Bravo, sir!

And to the winners and all those who rode -- congratulations on having accomplished such an amazing feat.
...Arrrgh, you are right...(it's really hard to be perfect) :p

It's stuff like THIS that makes me wonder why I don't buy an FJR again. Still loving my victory vision, but I DO wish I had a lesser weight bike. If only they had more electrical capacity so I could run my heated gear for me and the wifey for winter riding. Maybe FJR Gen III

Alexi

Congratulations To Peter for Representing the FJR1300 in the TOP spot! :clap:

What a wild ride following this Rally... No way in hell am i ever going to be tough enough for one of these!

Ladies and Gentleman, You are true athletes. Well done. :good:

Side note- I see that the only Harley's entered are DNF. I chuckled a bit. :D