Peter Behm Wins Iron Butt Rally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Peter and all of the IBR riders, and a speedy recovery for those that went down during the rally. Everyone have a safe ride home and a safe 4th of July weekend :yahoo:

Wow, Congrats Peter! Git-R-Done. :yahoo:

I'm in awe of most of these folks, especially Mr. Young. He's the real deal.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

-MD

I got a chance to speak with Peter a few minutes before the start of the rally. Really, really nice guy. Very happy that he was able to come out on top.

Peter...a huge congrats to you sir! :clapping:

And, I might add...a big congrats to the other riders as well, especially those from this forum. Dick, Corey, Wendy, Perry ( :clapping: ), Peter D, and Greg...awesome job being in the top 20!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another winner salute. High five to the field of rider finishers. Thumbs up to the non-finishers..and praying hands for those who need to mend.

My video of John Young's finish on the Triumph is now on YouTube. I don't readily have the link but a search under my screenname of TimF650GS will find it.

Any pictures of Peters bike,

I would love to wallpaper my computer with it.

Congratulations MR. BEHM :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video Timmer but I know you have a bunch more pictures we want to see.

Also want to give a shout out to 76th place, Cameron Brister who's a new to this Iron Butt game but hung in there. Congrats Cameron! :clapping:

Congrats to Peter on an awesome win! Peter is a serious competitor but very quiet in nature... it was so cool to see him last night at the banquet surrounded by new groupies.... some were having him sign copies of Roy Ayres books (Against the Wind....). I asked him to sign my butt but he declined :p . I am sure we will hear more about it but he pulled off a hard core 3rd leg for win. Truly well deserved and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Perry

Congrats Perry! ... & yah to Peter (5000 mile leg 3 wasn't it?? WOW!!), & to his fellow podium'ers and to all the entrants

That was a amazing!

Another winner salute. High five to the field of rider finishers. Thumbs up to the non-finishers..and praying hands for those who need to mend.

...From me also as well. Kudos to ALL the riders, especially Peter, but to all of them really whether DNF or not. Prayers of healing to those wounded...

So Peter went to the (4) Corners, and a butt load of capitols right? And he got Key West on leg 3?

That's awesome and appears to be contrary to what the IBR staff expected. I wonder if KW on leg 2 just took too much out of Frens or if he mis-judged what others could do on leg 3 with KW.

Can't wait to hear the stories.

Very interesting.

Again, congrats Pete.

The obvious answer to Jim's finish are the penalty points he took on the chin for the late check in. A few too many capitals on leg 3 were what did him in. If he could have foregone 2000 points in capitals, gotten to the finish before penalties started accumulating, would he have had enough points to overcome Peter? A question that will have Monday Morning Quarterbacks debating for minutes.

Seven of the top 20 finishers were FJR's - speaks volumes for the robustness of this platform and the riding skills of its riders! A special shout-out to a Canadian rookie, Colin Goodall (Colin24), who successfully finished his first IBR! Gold next time Colin, or is it "once and done"?

I'm most grateful to the organizers, competitors,and volunteers, of the 2011 IBR, as well as to this Forum for the opportunity to follow along on my first exposure of a rally.

Great stuff for sure. Congratulations to All! It's been very impressive indeed...

Keep Going!