Police over here get the message.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt101

Reaction score
The police in the UK are getting the message how good these bikes are.

IMAG0784.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

He'd get pulled over if he was riding like that in Minnesota. A rider needs to have eye protection. I've even heard of people getting tickets for raising their visor when stopped. Do they have similar laws in England?

He'd get pulled over if he was riding like that in Minnesota. A rider needs to have eye protection. I've even heard of people getting tickets for raising their visor when stopped. Do they have similar laws in England?
No requirement for eye protection. But the can be a bit arsey about riding with your flip front lid open. But only if you are out in the nationals. Around towns they aren't too fussed.

What I'm wonderin' is if by chance they have a police-only big alternator??

Hmmm, how would ya find that out??

Definitely noticeable in that color combo!

Check out the size of those mirrors. Sheeeez!!!

Dave
Those are the Euro-only mirror covers / wind deflectors, bikes also have the lower fairing extensions / rain foot guards installed.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW...what is up with the Euros and their police vehicle colors? They look like clowns. :unsure: :lol:
It's a European thing! Men carry purses over there too. I don't get it either! :unsure:

What shitty comments.

Thanks for your post, Matt101.
+1, Gunny! Mick, here's a An Garda Siochana - Dublin (Irish Police Force) FJR. On Stanley Boys trip to Eire in 2009, we got to see these motos and talk to the Officers.

5498594884_107dafe38e_b.jpg

I'd think that the radio/comm/data stuff would run off an auxiliary total-loss battery. Plug 'em in at the garage at the end of the shift to recharge both bike and aux batts. The police lights look to be mostly led, especially the forward and presumably the rear units. Not sure about the side units.

Really nice looking bikes, though. I've always been of two minds about conspicuous lights/colors. On the one hand sober drivers avoid you; on the other hand drunks fixate on and hit you!

I'd think that the radio/comm/data stuff would run off an auxiliary total-loss battery. Plug 'em in at the garage at the end of the shift to recharge both bike and aux batts. The police lights look to be mostly led, especially the forward and presumably the rear units. Not sure about the side units.

Really nice looking bikes, though. I've always been of two minds about conspicuous lights/colors. On the one hand sober drivers avoid you; on the other hand drunks fixate on and hit you!
Yebbut....the drunks immediately realize what those particular reflective colors are rather than fixating on them.

That probably wouldn't be true "en Estados Unidos" where the combination would be an oddity.

Definitely noticeable in that color combo!

Check out the size of those mirrors. Sheeeez!!!

Dave
Those are the Euro-only mirror covers / wind deflectors, bikes also have the lower fairing extensions / rain foot guards installed.

--G
Euro mirror covers

Clicky

Lots of cool stuff we don't get, like the "city" and "touring" bags

Stuff

Just found this old post

Linky

Maybe dogpile mcatrophy for a group buy? :lol: :lol:

+1, Gunny! Mick, here's a An Garda Siochana - Dublin (Irish Police Force) FJR. On Stanley Boys trip to Eire in 2009, we got to see these motos and talk to the Officers.

5498594884_107dafe38e_b.jpg
Talk about being seen at night! I wonder how that would look on a black canvas...things that make you go hmmmmm! ;) :)

--G

In California, anyway, all police bikes have two little blue lights in the back--always on. They don't seem all that bright till you see them from behind at night. If you come up behind one, you definitely won't go passing him at please-give-me-a-ticket speed. And I appreciate them very much. In fact, I'd love to see all police vehicles painted up just as gaudily as that Irish Garda bike, especially the ones that park at the bottom of a long hill on an empty highway, hiding in the shade of a tree so you won't notice them as they radar-gun you. Kind of like belling the cat.