Pre-'06 Air Wings Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please delete my pre-order. I've just sold my 05 ABS and now will start looking for an 06 AE. Rode one today here in WA (Skagit Powersports has it) but need to get one in the Southwest. The electroshifting is way cool :yahoo: It's looking like I won't have time this fall to make my usual ride from WA to NM.

MNFJR05,

Please consider making a mount for the 06 mirrors. These wings look like they might be a feasible alternative to the V-strom hanguards. The handguards, at least on my 05 will hit the windscreen when I've got my winter oversized Cal-Sci on. Thanks.

I have all of your emails! I have a really big list! Approaching a hundred requests already.

The templates for the correctly angled winglets are on their way to Bruce at BakerBuilt. Bruce will be making samples and I will mount them and get photos out here for all to see. On the wing front I expect the wings for those with the G-mounts already installed to be ready first. The mirror mounted wings will follow. Once I get all of the samples approved I should be able to get the final pricing on the wings!

I have the mounting templates made for the FJR and FZ1 mirrors. They are a two piece clamp-on design that is only .625" wide. No drilling is required. They can be removed my simply loosening two caphead screws. They are on their way to Skyway for review on exactly what it will take to manufacture them. My initial design calls for them to closely hug the mirror contours. We will let Skyway work his magic!

I am going to try and use Radman's bike for fitting the mount for the G brackets and should have a mount ready the quickest for that application. The mount will be a simple extension for the G-mount to accept the winglet. Is black and acceptable color for the extensions? Or do we need to have Garauld powdercoat them to match?

I will get future updates out here as soon as I have some more info to pass along. Thank all of you for your patience! It will be worth it! :D

I will get future updates out here as soon as I have some more info to pass along. Thank all of you for your patience! It will be worth it! :D
As long as we can get some of these in time for the hot ride across the desert to WFO-6!

I'm in for mirror mounts for my trusty ole '03. Black like the stalks works for me.

THANKS!!

Paint

I have all of your emails! I have a really big list! Approaching a hundred requests already.
The templates for the correctly angled winglets are on their way to Bruce at BakerBuilt. Bruce will be making samples and I will mount them and get photos out here for all to see. On the wing front I expect the wings for those with the G-mounts already installed to be ready first. The mirror mounted wings will follow. Once I get all of the samples approved I should be able to get the final pricing on the wings!

I have the mounting templates made for the FJR and FZ1 mirrors. They are a two piece clamp-on design that is only .625" wide. No drilling is required. They can be removed my simply loosening two caphead screws. They are on their way to Skyway for review on exactly what it will take to manufacture them. My initial design calls for them to closely hug the mirror contours. We will let Skyway work his magic!

I am going to try and use Radman's bike for fitting the mount for the G brackets and should have a mount ready the quickest for that application. The mount will be a simple extension for the G-mount to accept the winglet. Is black and acceptable color for the extensions? Or do we need to have Garauld powdercoat them to match?

If'n you need another bike with FJR mirrors to practice on, just holler. I'm not too far away.

proper mount for use with PIAA FJRGoodies light brackets. Flat black powder coating will hold up better than just painting them.

Last edited by a moderator: