Pre-'06 Air Wings Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John has been busier than a one legged man etc etc etc with work-he's missed every decent riding day we've had for the last month and a half. I call his fat ass to go for a cruise and he's again packing to go hither and yonder for this or that. I can say, however, that the wings I have on have helped tremendously by blocking cold air to the sides, effectively widening the fairing to GW proportions. Be patient, I'm sure he'll have these ready to go before the next heat wave. Or not......... :p

John has been busier than a one legged man etc etc etc with work-he's missed every decent riding day we've had for the last month and a half. I call his fat ass to go for a cruise and he's again packing to go hither and yonder for this or that. I can say, however, that the wings I have on have helped tremendously by blocking cold air to the sides, effectively widening the fairing to GW proportions. Be patient, I'm sure he'll have these ready to go before the next heat wave. Or not......... :p
Radman, Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping he can make fittings for the 06 so I can use them instead of hanguards this winter. Brrrrr.

Update

I hope to have something to show you guys by Sunday, once MNFJR approves the design. ;)

GREAT...I was just about to shot an e-mail out to check on what was going on. Good Xmas present for me.

Tom

I just got off the phone with Bruce Baker of BakerBuilt Products. The news is good! Bruce is willing to work with our group to make available a wing specific for the FJR with FZ1 or stock FJR mirrors. Also specific mounting for the MNFJR05/Skyway mirror mount (in development) or the G-Mount for those with driving lights already installed. That’s four models in all! Bruce will be making two prototypes for me to install on my engineering mounts to verify the angles and appearance. I will be posting pics in the next week or so after I receive them to give you a sense for the look. They will be available in two flavors, clear or light smoke (I have the light smoke installed in the previous pics in the previous thread).
Bruce would prefer to run these on a “group buy” type of basis. I need to get a feel for the interest in the wings to get the final price point, knowing they will be at the $49 GL1800 HandWing price at most depending on interest. I believe he is looking for a run of at least 50 sets(all styles combined).

Please email me at mayorofgl at aol dot com (replace the “at” with @ and the “dot” with . for you slower types out there) to express your interest in the wings. Note the mirror you have on your bike (FJR or FZ1) and mounting method you will be using (mirror or G-Mount).

I am sending Skyway the mount designs this weekend and when he gets a chance we will have samples to post on those.

Thanks for your patience! I look forward to hearing from those interested ASAP! Thanks again!
It;s X-mas 06 and I just noticed this thread!! I am interested in this... 05 FJR ABS with longer C Fibre FJR mirrors. Any other info U need.

Lucky

Sit tight. Ian is very busy. We are tidying up details on the mounts. Hope to have something in the very near future.

;)

Sit tight. Ian is very busy. We are tidying up details on the mounts. Hope to have something in the very near future.
;)
What abt the Baker air wings designed for the FJR? Any prototype pictures?
I have a set at my shop that I'm using for fitment, though I believe there is a newer version that John is holding.

You know, Ian, if you'd just quit your day job and tell all your paying customers (you understand...the ones that make you a profit so you can keep the mortgage company, the gas company, the electric company and the supermarket all happy :) )to take a hike....

You'd have a lot more time to work on the important stuff...like farkles for FJRs.