Pre-'06 Air Wings Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Bruce Baker of BakerBuilt Products. The news is good! Bruce is willing to work with our group to make available a wing specific for the FJR with FZ1 or stock FJR mirrors. Also specific mounting for the MNFJR05/Skyway mirror mount (in development) or the G-Mount for those with driving lights already installed. That’s four models in all! Bruce will be making two prototypes for me to install on my engineering mounts to verify the angles and appearance. I will be posting pics in the next week or so after I receive them to give you a sense for the look. They will be available in two flavors, clear or light smoke (I have the light smoke installed in the previous pics in the previous thread).

Bruce would prefer to run these on a “group buy” type of basis. I need to get a feel for the interest in the wings to get the final price point, knowing they will be at the $49 GL1800 HandWing price at most depending on interest. I believe he is looking for a run of at least 50 sets(all styles combined).

Please email me at mayorofgl at aol dot com (replace the “at” with @ and the “dot” with . for you slower types out there) to express your interest in the wings. Note the mirror you have on your bike (FJR or FZ1) and mounting method you will be using (mirror or G-Mount).

I am sending Skyway the mount designs this weekend and when he gets a chance we will have samples to post on those.

Thanks for your patience! I look forward to hearing from those interested ASAP! Thanks again!

e-mail sent, I'm so interested, also will be ginny pig for testing with garauld bracket :p

I have to give you a thumbs up for the original idea for an ideal diverter, deflector

nominated for a farkle of the year, :clapping

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too!!! Smashing idea! Bloody smashing!!! I was jsut getting ready to order a set of BWings to try them out before completely abandoning the '05. It's mid-August. Remember, we gotta get them BEFORE it get cold!!!

Pappy

If i can figure out what the heck your talking about, I might be interested, I'll spend money on anything!

I'm definitely interested in this set-up and have sent in my e-mail. I am curious, though, about one possibility.....if this wing system is mounted to the mirror stalk ( I have the FZ1 mirrors ) would one expect the action of the wind upon the deflectors to cause any sort of vibration of the mirrors?

I was going to buy a Goldwing, eh, Wing and fab a fairing mount for that reason. I'm interested to see what they come up with.

e-mail sent, I'm so interested, also will be ginny pig for testing with garauld bracket :p
I have to give you a thumbs up for the original idea for an ideal diverter, deflector

Been there, done that.

HeatFix2003800x600.jpg

Been there, done that.

HeatFix2003800x600.jpg

I know but what you have isn't going to be the same as they come up with I hope, ! B)

just kidding :lol:

I saw some of these wing thingies out in Reno and am very interested, BUT ...

Can anyone tell me if they will co-exist with the Phillips HID's & Brackets from the group buy a few months ago ?

Don't wanna buy something I'll have to Mickey Mouse with, I'm not that good at cut & fit...

Latest posts