Pre ST.net/WV Ramble Riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
UPDATE 4/28/06 EDIT - Room splitting / touring partner found...

I'm planning some extra riding before the ST.net/WV Ramble events. I'm leaving Saturday morning June 10th. I am looking for someone who is going to both events and might want to get some extra riding in beforehand, share/split room costs.

The following is a possible itinerary:

6/10 Sat: Ride down from Wheaton, IL to Berea, Kentucky. Meetup there?

6/11 Sun: Ride US 421 to Boone, NC and head SW to Asheville, NC on the BRP

6/12 Mon:Ride over to Cherohala Pkwy, US 129, etc and loop back to Asheville, NC

6/13 Tues: Ride up to Lewisburg,WV using scenic/twisty 2laners

6/14 Wed: Ride west on US 60 to Gauley Bridge, then NE from there on twisties to Canaan Valley Resort just a little after checkin time

So is anyone interested??

I tend to be more on the sportTOURING side of things. Enjoy scenery too. Don't neccessarily have the tunnel vision for the exit apex thing after 3oo miles of twisties. Definitely enjoy them though - just not from a sportbike background. B)

Still interested??

Should be a good ride - 300 to 350 ave per day so pretty easy riding. :p

So ANYONE? BUELLER?

(BTW: I have someone to share room / split room costs at the ST.net and WV Ramble events, so this would be room splitting only during this pre-ride)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun Wheaton... looks like you have some good roads planned. The Cherohala was definitely one of my favorite roads EVER. Sweep, sweep, sweep, twist, sweep, sweep... my favorite stuff.

You be careful & don't blow your wad b4 getting to the National. (Oh shit! Did I say that out loud?!?!?!?!?) Hahaha!!! You know what I mean, right? There'll be some awesome riding during the national/ramble. Don't get too tired, ok?

See ya' soon!, Heidi

Don't worry Heidi, there'll be plenty left for the MAIN events in WV. I am purposely doing some low mileage on these days to save up for the fun in WV. :D :D

And, oh yeah, you did say that out loud... :bigeyes: :lol:

Wheaton, don't forget...pics, plenty of pics. I'll be thinking of you guys.
--G
G-

Trini will be there with his video I'm sure. I will try to take some stills...

As long as this thread is dead and hijacked anyways :haha: , does anybody have any suggestions for between Asheville, NC and Lewisburg, WV?

slapnpop? bueller? anyone?

Hey, I appreciate the compliment (and know you are busy playing 52 card pickup), but I don't think this thread of 300 miles per day travelling was in the LD/IRONBUTT folder. :haha:

Some LD riders MIGHT take offense... :D :) :D

Wheaton, sounds like a great plan you have going on. I am planning to go to the STN & WV Ramble too…only difference is that I am leaving Tuesday 6/13 and heading straight there. Afterwards, I might even attend the Honda Hoot for a day and then come back home. I am playing the “POST” part by ear. LOL. :D

Hey FJRZON it will be great to see you at the meets. Have some fun riding this spring!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheaton,

I may be down in that area,

Current plan is to ride down form Ottawa to Boone on the Friday, then down to 129, meet up with some other ST.N's on Sat then start heading back up to Cannan.

Still lot's TBD though.

Chris