Quincy for lunch May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
La Porte Road? Hope you know where you're going, Hoss. I'd sure hate to get lost and have some local farmer think I had an eye for his crop.

Welcome Slick will you be comming solo or 2up?

I did the La Porte road last year and it was a pretty good road all the way.

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr

Orangevale (maybe 2up)

Uberkul 2up

RogDeb 2up (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Silveradoslick 2up

Weekend rider

NightShine

Rick n Sac?

Skyway?

FJROB?

SportBikeEffects?

Joyfulgirl?

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
No Rick & Karen, No Dave & Di, Bob & Bren are always "off-schedule"......things just have to change! Of course, we'll all have a great time but y'all are already missed.

If you wait long enough things change for the better. The other half will be at a wedding shower and that leaves me to come join the traveling group of FJR riders for a fun trip in the mountains.

I have been trying to get her to look at some product that I want to get so I can start on all the work that I have planned for the house for the new look that is well over do.

As I am posting this here I have my glasses on and can tell the difference between 3's and 8's.

Also will be taking off the May 18th for Las Vegas for graduation.

There Mr. toe cutter it is a yes and not a "NOT " :yahoo:

This sounds like a great ride, so please count me in. It also gives me a ready excuse to get out of chaperoning a junior high weekend field trip. I'll meet you guys at Marysville Road Chevron at 9:00.

Cheers!

Anyone work up a GPS route for the ride, yet?

Mrs. Slick will be along for the ride.

Anyone interested in taking 49 north to Grass Valley, catching 20 west and blowing past Smartville to make the rendezvous at Marysville Rd.

I'll think about it. I assume you're going to head North from your place?

Latrobe and Hwy 50? Hwy 50 @ Hwy 49 (there's a station on the SE corner). Hwy 49 & I-80 (Katrina's for breakfast?)

It would probably beat droning up I-80 to Hwy 65/70 through Marysville, though it'll add another hour to the trip (65-70 miles).

well, one has to start somewhere....after lurking for far too long, will look forward to joining you all

Weekend Rider - can I join you from Woodland?

It looks like we are getting a pretty good group together.

NightShine Posted Yesterday, 11:33 PM
Anyone work up a GPS route for the ride, yet?
I will try to send you what I have so far

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr (and friends)

Orangevale (maybe 2up)

Uberkul 2up

RogDeb 2up (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Silveradoslick 2up

Weekend rider

NightShine

Glass1/2full

Rick n Sac?

Skyway?

FJROB?

SportBikeEffects?

Joyfulgirl?

Anyone else?

I think that Toecutter is going to be to tired after the Mission Impossible ride this weekend to make this ride, thats why all the excuses.

Skyway too! (You still watching intently?)

:lol: :p :lol: :p :bleh: :lol: :bleh: :p

To get from 50 to Auburn I like North Shingle/Lotus Rd./49 and 49 all the way from Hangtown is also nice, but in order to avoid driving before daylight I'd say it's either Folsom Blvd/Auburn Folsom Rd. or El Dorado Hills Blvd./Salmon Falls Rd./49. Folsom Auburn is the fastest and although it's rather suburban, it's a pleasant ride once you're past Folsom. Salmon Falls/49 is much more invigorating and there's a 76/mini mart right off the freeway. Katrina's sounds like a worthy establishment.

Glass1/2 full yes just let me know what time and where you want to meet in woodland on that day,so we can journey to Marysville and meet up with the other riders. Or if you want to meet the day before so we ciould take care of the logistics for getting there that would be fine also.

weekend rider B)

Question, when did they pave the road going over to Ouincy from La Porte?

I used to camp and mount ain bike in that area. The last time I was there it was dirt, of course it has been several years. Must be a senior moment. :yahoo: weekeend rider

If it is gravel I won't travel :angry2:

Question, when did they pave the road going over to Ouincy from La Porte?

Seems like at least 5 years ago.

Blue, have you checked to see if the road has been plowed? Not to be negative but there is a bit of snow up on the hill.

FJRob called me today from Colorado, he did his first saddle sore yesterday from Grass Valley to Denver. Atta boy! I think he will ride with us on the 13th.

So is the meet time 9 AM at the gas station? Bug