Quincy for lunch May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Later on today I will be Headin south to meet up with Skyway and Toecutter for the Mission Impossible ride on Saturday and won't be back till Monday or Tuesday.

I'm puttin MM2 in charge till I get back. :eek:

You guys meeting at Katrinas don't eat to much or you will spoil your lunch. :D

They do give out a big plate of food.

It should not take more than 40 minutes from there to make the meet point.

Sorry you can't make the ride Coyote maybe the next one. :(

When I get back I will try to ride LaPorte rode and check it out and maybe stop in the cafe where we are going to eat and give them the heads up. I'm thinkin Wednesday. If I can't do that I will get on the Phone and find out how the roads are. The alt. will be hwy 70 thru the Feather river canyon also a great road. I know that one is good to go. :lol:

Meet time is 9:00 am at hwy 20 and Marysville rd kickstands up at 9:30 every one should be fueled up and ready to go by then. we will be doing about 200 mi by the time we get back. :yahoo:

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr (and friends)

Orangevale

Uberkul 2up

RogDeb 2up (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Silveradoslick 2up

Weekend rider

NightShine

Glass1/2full

SportBikeEffects

Tinker

Skyway (maybee)

FJROB (maybee)

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Red FJRs rock. Meet in EDH sixish for a run up Salmon Falls?
Where? Gas station in front of Raley's (North of Hwy 50, Right on frontage road, left into station)? Do you think Salmon Falls Road is better than Auburn-Folsom Road at "Deer-thirty"? Dang, I might have to ride Latrobe Road to get there....oh, drat, heck and pshaw! :rolleyes:

We'd better eat "light" at Katrina's, IIRC, the lunch stop makes good food.

Cool. Red FJRs rock. Meet in EDH sixish for a run up Salmon Falls?
Where? Gas station in front of Raley's (North of Hwy 50, Right on frontage road, left into station)? Do you think Salmon Falls Road is better than Auburn-Folsom Road at "Deer-thirty"? Dang, I might have to ride Latrobe Road to get there....oh, drat, heck and pshaw! :rolleyes:

We'd better eat "light" at Katrina's, IIRC, the lunch stop makes good food.
Auburn Folsom is pretty boring in comparison to Salmon Falls, and I just road Salmon Falls today and it's gorgeous right now. 49 is nice too

Well ---------- and this is sacrilege I know :eek: --I was thinking maybe getting out of bed as LATE as I could and blasting up 80 to Auburn.

Maybe Folsom/Auburn Rd

The forest rats on salmon falls that early might be a problem - is that what you meant Mike?

Folsom Auburn isn't as exciting but it's a nice road. It's also faster. Maybe get up a little later. The big advantage is that it give MadMike a straight shot - Grantline/White Rock/Latrobe/Salmon Falls. OK, he's gotta make a turn onto Latrobe.

We can meet for the Salmon Falls portion of the ride with Katrina's for breakfast. The deer should be moving to higher terrain with this warmer weather. :)

I just learned that mine is a ticker and is going in for surgery on May 23rd. My FJR will be grounded for awhile after that.

The forest rats on salmon falls that early might be a problem - is that what you meant Mike?
Uhmmmm, well, yes it is! Rick is prolly correct so maybe I won't see any on Latrobe Rd. either. Roger, just take Hazel Ave./Sierra College to I-80 and we'll see you at the restaurant.

Since my "normal" alarm is set at 0330, sleeping in until 0500 or more will be fine for me. Right now I'm planning on seeing some of you at the (Chevron??) station in front of Raleys @ 0600. Then... :yahoo: and breakfast with the Rogdebs :clapping: . Do I get to park next to that purdy Red-Silvey? Hey, since Roger and Deb are going direct, they can get there early enough to reserve a table for all of us. Uhmmm, Deb, that'd be a table for10 (W/ Glas1/2ful and WeekendRider) if the O'vales join us! :D Anyone else???

I'm gonna see the Rogdebs, I'm gonna see the Rogdebs B) ....but I am going to miss the Highlanders :dribble: .

Jeff, Steve is on the "Mission Impossible" Iron But ride today. He probably won't be home until tomorrow night (They ended in L.A.), so he probably won't be posting or sending emails until Monday night or Tuesday.

I looked at my AAA map and the roads he posted look "interesting". If you intend to drone up I-80 you can join us for breakfast, though is't much faster for you to take 80 to I-5 to 99/70 to 70 through Marysville, Right on Hwy 20 to Marysville Road (Don't miss the Rt. turn onto 20 across from the Park or you'll be on your way to Oroville).

Well Ok, I'm now up to my ankles in my own drool. Add me to the list! I haven't been able to get a rehersal schedule so now they have to wait for me.

MM2: Myself (weekend rider ) and glas 1\2 full are going to meet up with everyone at the Chevron station on hwy.20 and maryvilles blvd. at 9.00am as posted.

We most likely will be having breakfast at home or nothing at all.

But we will be joining you for lunch from what has been said it is going to be a treat.

Best of luck you and ric-n-sac with your tickers

This has to be FJR history folks, A double ticker fixer at the same time in the same shop and the same mechanical surgeon :yahoo:

Never mind. Sea Hag (wife) has scheduled a leg operations for the 15th so I'm out.

I'm in, but don't wait for me (I may either sleep in or get "sucked" into honeydews by the "boss"). I live in Cameron Park and will meet the MM2 group @ the Chevron Station in across from Jack's in EDH at 0600. Look for a Blue '05 FJR with a silver helmet & Jacket...and a bunch of ECM farkles. My suggestion is to stay away from Salmon Falls road, too many forest rats. Anyway...MM2 will lead the way :)

Someone please post the GPS route or gimme an idea of the total route.

You do know that Sierra Yamaha moved and is no longer in Quincy, right? I've got a dialog going with them to try and get a test ride on an AE model...but they are way over in Chilicoot now.

MM2: Myself (weekend rider ) and glas 1\2 full are going to meet up with everyone at the Chevron station on hwy.20 and maryvilles blvd. at 9.00am as posted.

This has to be FJR history folks, A double ticker fixer at the same time in the same shop and the same mechanical surgeon :yahoo:

I thought you guys might ride I-5 to 99 to 70 to Marysville. It sure would be more direct for you.

Correction: Rick and I are not using the same dealer. Capitol was giving him a song and dance, plus they'd never done one. I rode over to his house and we went to Roseville together where he and Zac struck a deal. Mine is being done at PCP, where it is already in their computer from the 2K mile complaint about valve noise. They are much closer to me than Roseville.

Aaaannnndddd, MM2 isn't leading this group, SilveradoSlick is. I merely suggested the meet point and the restaurant. Ah b'lieve ahma gunna be doin' sum sweepin'. 'Sides, Charles en Catherine bees ridin' waaay tewfast fer me. ;)

For those who are fearless in the face of forest rats on Salmon Falls Rd.: coming from the west on Highway 50, take the Latrobe Road exit which takes you to a light at which you turn right onto southbound Latrobe Rd. Merge left so that you are in the rightmost of the two left turn lanes at the next light, which is Town Center Blvd. After turning left there will be a Chevron station on your right (4316 Town Center Blvd.) Be there at 6:00 so you'll have time to gas up and say howdy before we leave at 6:15.

Coming from the south, Town Center Blvd. is the next light after White Rock. Turn right.

From the east, go south on Latrobe and left on Town Center.

Everybody else, we'll see you at Katrina's or the official Highway 20 meeting point.

Just for the record, Catherine and I are not faster than MM2 at his ride leading pace, but we can usually keep up.

I just crawled off my bike a couple of hours ago after doing more than 1500 mi in 39 hours :stunned: not quite a bunburner (3 hours short) ,I was only going for the SS More on that later after I get some much needed rest and take care of a few things that I have had on the slow burner for a while.

Any one wanting the GPS program for this weekends ride sent me a e-mail or pm with with your e-mail adress and I will get it to you as soon as I can.

I will be going off to bed now :sleepysmileyanim: