Quincy for lunch May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the offer of a bed for this ride, I really appreciate it. Right now it looks like I will be bowing out due to family commitments. :(

Was the road open up over Bassetts grade ( by Gold lake)? Bug
Hwys 70, 89 and 49 are open. They are dry and no sand. for the most part they are all in good shape.

There is a little snow on the side of the roads at higher elevations ,but it is melting fast.

The gold lake road, La Porte Quincy rd and the Bucks lake road are still closed. they will probably open some time next week.

skyway Posted Today, 10:10 AM Thanks guys for the offer of a bed for this ride, I really appreciate it. Right now it looks like I will be bowing out due to family commitments.
Skyway, you RicknSac and Highlander will be missed :cray:

225 Miles <_<

All this planning for a 1hour and 45 minute ride :huh:

Good, because I have to pick up dry cleaning before 4pm in Orangevale. B)

Skyway, you RicknSac and Highlander will be missed :cray:
I miss the other 1,970 members that aren't coming :cray:

Last edited by a moderator:
FJRob stopped by tonight to show off his new mufflers (sounds real nice), he and his son will make it. We will have a nice little group from Grass Valley.

Stopped by Yuba City today to pick up some Yammalube and they have a 06 FJR on the floor for sale. If you guys know any body looking. Only a $250 set up fee, much better than the Sac dealers when I was looking a couple years back.

I have read about many of your past rides, and although I have thought about going on several, I always seem to have other commitments on the ride day. This time I can make it. I unusually ride with my wife, but she does have other commitments, so I will be solo. I live in Yuba City, and often ride the roads you are planning, this will be a good ride.

Dang, you guys have the sweetest roads up there! Wish I were on this one, too! Ride safe and someone please take care of MM for me! :bye:

Well guys, I have no business going on this ride. I have to get ready for a 7 day trip to Costa Mesa that now includes a side trip to Phoenix. I need to pick up dry cleaning, get a cashier's check for a recent purchase, mail the check, pack up the bike and my mobile office, write a presentation, and it's my week with the kids and I'm already leaving half way through my week with them on this business trip. I was just gonna say "f*&% it" and go, but I simply cannot.

Sorry guys...have fun for me!!!

twowheelnut Posted Today, 10:33 AM Dang, you guys have the sweetest roads up there! Wish I were on this one, too! Ride safe and someone please take care of MM for me!
Maybe next time Mr Nut and Mr Vale

The list so far:

Bluestreek 2up

MM2

Bugnatr (and friends)

Uberkul 2up

RogDeb 2up (Haven't seen a red FJR in a long time)

Silveradoslick 2up

Weekend rider

NightShine

Glass1/2full

SportBikeEffects

Tinker

FJROB 2up

JREW

Anyone else?

Well I was going to surprise you at Hwy 20 and marysville rd. But I talked to my ex-brother in-law into breakfast at Katrinas. He is in Elk Grove. He wont ride to Quincy . So now that the surprise if gone, wher do we meet at 6 am for the ride to Katrinas. This means I must leave by 4 am. So specifics where you guys are meetingin Sac or?

Well I was going to surprise you at Hwy 20 and marysville rd. But I talked to my ex-brother in-law into breakfast at Katrinas. He is in Elk Grove. He wont ride to Quincy . So now that the surprise if gone, wher do we meet at 6 am for the ride to Katrinas. This means I must leave by 4 am. So specifics where you guys are meetingin Sac or?
I'm probably going to bug ut of my place around 0500, I'll PM my phone number to you.

If we don't hook-up:

I think your fastest route is to come through Sac on I-5 to the downtown interchange. Head East on Business 80/Hwy 50, once on the raised protion, stay in the left 3 lanes toward South Lake Tahoe. Ride through Rancho Cordova and Folsom. Once you pass Bidwell St./Scott Rd. off ramp you will climb a little hill. On the downside of that hill is Latrobe Rd. . Take the "South" off ramp. It comes down to a signal, turn right then take the next left (at a light). You'll see the Chevron. Approx. 25 miles from the downtown interchange to El Dorado Hills/Latrobe Rd.

Fjrvtx1300s,

So you're coming from Elk Grove? The nicest way is to take Grant Line Rd. to Latrobe Rd. Latrobe has a light and is about 25 miles from Elk Grove. Turn left on Latrobe and turn right at the next light, which is Town Center Blvd. There will be a Chevron on the right.

Here's a link to an earlier post: linky

fjrvtx1300s, Mike, is coming from Fremont, thus the directions using I-5. I thought it best to give him the quickest route in case he needs to make up time. I live in Elk Grove.

Mike, if you are behind time, just take I-80 to Auburn. Get off @ Hwy 49, turn left at the bottom of the off ramp and head North. You should go through 2 signals and Katrinas will be on the frontage road on the right, next-door "uphill" from the Honda/Yamaha dealer. Rogdebs should be there direct from their house. We should all be there by 0700 or there won't be time for breakfast---Hellooo Starbucks!

We will be at Katrina's for breakfast at 0700. We will be in the cage because my bike is still in the shop. I am going to visit Zac after breakfast because he doesn't know where to go from here.