Ride to Andrew's Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself Tim and barry are staying at a Fairfield Inn in Rancho Cordova.

We will chase you guys in the car.

R

You guys might consider an alternate route down Auburn Blvd./Sylvan Rd, ot even Sunrise Blvd. You can check the traffic sites, but Greenback was enjoying a major construction on the West end from Auburn Blvd. (near I-80) to Sylvan.

You don't want to be caught up in that.

You guys might consider an alternate route down Auburn Blvd./Sylvan Rd, ot even Sunrise Blvd. You can check the traffic sites, but Greenback was enjoying a major construction on the West end from Auburn Blvd. (near I-80) to Sylvan.
You don't want to be caught up in that.
It's mostly done now, and flows pretty well.

This may very well become a Patriot Guard mission, with several bikers attending who didn't even know Andrew, but who want to stand in respect due to his USAF and Patriot Guard service.

Would you all mind if I set the staging point for the PGR mission as the same as the ride for the FJR Forum riders?

The PGR riders would probably depart for the mortuary a few minutes ahead of the rest of us, in order to be in place when the guests arrive.

The PGR riders would form a flag line outside the mortuary during the service, but they do not customarily attend the service or the reception.

I'm riding up to Roseville Sunday (thanks RsvlFeej!) and will be at Roseville Yamaha 12:30 Monday.

-=Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
This may very well become a Patriot Guard mission, with several bikers attending who didn't even know Andrew, but who want to stand in respect due to his USAF and Patriot Guard service.
Would you all mind if I set the staging point for the PGR mission as the same as the ride for the FJR Forum riders?

The PGR riders would probably depart for the mortuary a few minutes ahead of the rest of us, in order to be in place when the guests arrive.

The PGR riders would form a flag line outside the mortuary during the service, but they do not customarily attend the service or the reception.
I'm good with that, even though I'm not riding. Is it customary to ask the family for permission?

I will be at Roseville Yamaha at 12:30. See you all there.
Roberto and I (Not Barrie C.) will probably(?) see everybody at the ceremony (before 2:00PM) and not at Roseville Yamaha (at least not by 12:30PM).

So, if you are revving to go in procession, don't wait up on us! We'll be leaving CenCal Coast on Monday morning at first light, but it'll take 5.3 hours to get over the 340 miles with a fuel stop or 2, up the I 5.

Have a task to complete on Sunday or I'd leave then, which would be a far more relaxed pace.

Be safe. See you down the road.

I have a new job opportunity hanging. Don't know the details as of yet but right now I plan on meeting you guys at Roseville Yamaha @ 12:30 on Monday. I plan on going the river road to 12 to I-5. Until then be safe, PM. <>< ;)

FROM THE OPENING POST:

Okay, dudes and dudettes! Temperature forecast is high of 65 degrees.

A number of you have PM'd me or talked on the phone about riding in to Andrew's Funeral/Memorial and to the reception. ENOUGH, already.....why not plan a ride there in his honor?

.....<Major snippage from 1st post, including the list of riders.>.....

And, please, could we limit posts here to those who will actually be riding? We know your sorrow and grief and that you'd all like to be able to be here. You will be in the hearts of those who ride.
Please, guys, would you limit posts to those who CAN ride so we get a handle on who to expect and what to plan.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be at Rosesville Yamaha 12:30. Need recomdedations for motels for Sunday & Monday night.
Niehart
I am staying at Roseville Fairfield Inn which apeats to be two blocks from the meeting point.

Hello ALL,

Sorry about the late notice (working out of town), but I can offer couch space for one (or a couple) and floor space for 1 or 2 more. I can accomodate at least 2 more bikes in the garage (probably 3 or 4 with a little shuffling) - House is located about 2 miles from the memorial ride kickoff point at Roseville Yamaha.

Please let me know if you need a spot to sleep/your bike needs a temporary shelter.

RsvlFeej