Riding to EOM from Fl / South Georgia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone interested in riding up as a group? Who's departing this area on Wed? Thur? I'm flexible at the moment. I enjoyed meeting some of you on Sunday. Thanks for stopping by.

I'm leaving mid-morning Wed....go as far as Columbia, S.C. ( or there about ). Leave early next morning to arrive Boone early-to-mid afternoon Thurs. If it meshes with your plan, let's ride.

I'm leaving mid-morning Wed....go as far as Columbia, S.C. ( or there about ). Leave early next morning to arrive Boone early-to-mid afternoon Thurs. If it meshes with your plan, let's ride.

Tom and RAD, thanks for the PM and email. I am definitely in.

Proposal for consideration / starting point.

Departure place and time: Courtyard Marriott at JTB and I-95 at 1000 on Wed morning.

Ride constraints : stop every 90 mins for fuel / stretch / hydration / chow. More often if necessary.

Overnight location for Wednesday - Probably best if we make a reservation somewhere for Wed night. Thoughts?

Will be back in town late Friday. I still need some riding pants, hopefully I can get at Cycle Gear on Saturday.

Best to all, looking forward to the ride!

Vernon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! Sounds like a plan. It's really out of the way for me to meet at JTB, I live at I-10/295. That said I enjoy the extra few miles so lets do it.

Wade

Along with the private e-mails I have received thats 4 FJR's and 1 Triumph from this area for a Wed departure. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm in! Sounds like a plan. It's really out of the way for me to meet at JTB, I live at I-10/295. That said I enjoy the extra few miles so lets do it.
Wade

Along with the private e-mails I have received thats 4 FJR's and 1 Triumph from this area for a Wed departure. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am not sure where everyone lives..... we can meet at the Airport exit instead if that is easier and less backtracking for everyone???????

Doesn't really matter to me as we're only riding part of the day anyhow. The airport exit does have a new Cracker Barrel though?
The airport exit is fine with me. Kickstands up at 10:00 A.M. Get to Cracker Barrel early if you want breakfast. Looking to have a great time.

I'm in.

I sent out a email before checking the forum.

My preference would be for a earlier departure, but I'll go with the group.

Vernon, who is the 4th FJR? I count Wade, Tom and yourself. Who am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Roberts is the 4th FJR. Matt is still a slight possibility but will probably leave on Thurs.

Matt.....tell the boss you're leaving on Wed with us!!

How about: Depart at 1000 from Cracker Barrel at the airport exit.

1st stop 125 miles to Savannah .. HD/Hooters for lunch.

2nd stop 125 miles to Orangeburg area for gas/break.

Final stop 125 miles to Greenville area for the night. Should arrive by 1730/1800 (thats 5:30/6:00 for the Marine) timeframe. That puts us near the mountain roads for a great ride in to Boone on Thurs. All times/miles approx. :yahoo:

How about: Depart at 1000 from Cracker Barrel at the airport exit.1st stop 125 miles to Savannah .. HD/Hooters for lunch.

2nd stop 125 miles to Orangeburg area for gas/break.

Final stop 125 miles to Greenville area for the night. Should arrive by 1730/1800 (thats 5:30/6:00 for the Marine) timeframe. That puts us near the mountain roads for a great ride in to Boone on Thurs. All times/miles approx. :yahoo:
Works for me although I'll still push for a earlier departure. A good piece of the best part of the day is shot by 1000. :)

Unfortunately, I am the weak link, tank wise, in this group.

I should be able to go 130 tank to tank, but that's pushing it. My gas idiot light comes on at about 100 miles and I should be good for about 30 miles on reserve, although I have never pushed it, so I'm not sure. Will be carrying a few extra pounds also, so my numbers, if anything, might be a little optimistic.

We can stop whenever we need to. That was simply a general suggestion as to the miles. We'll stop anytime someone needs a break or fuel. We don't stop for small animals, hitchhikers, or rain.

You are right about leaving earlier though....why ride in the hottest part of the day. I'll go with the group on this one though. Hey mister, I just want to ride!

The general layout by Roadglide sounds fine with me. i don't mind leaving before 10:00 but I don't want to go beyond around Greenville, so that means we'll also be stopping earlier. If that is allright with everybody, I'm game to leave whenever.

The general layout by Roadglide sounds fine with me. i don't mind leaving before 10:00 but I don't want to go beyond around Greenville, so that means we'll also be stopping earlier. If that is allright with everybody, I'm game to leave whenever.
0800 too early?

I agree with not going beyond Greenville.

0800 too early?

I agree with not going beyond Greenville.

Good point on the heat of the day issue. 0800 sounds like a winner and puts us on track to stay together and make flexible pit stops.

Vernon

Sounds like we're about to agree on a plan. Its nice when all the kids can agree.....but the first time someone says, "I got to go to the bathroom" right after we've stopped, I'm going to kill someone. Be careful we don't leave too early, you can't check in to most motels until around 3pm. If we leave at 9 we should be ok. Anyone for tires rolling at 0900!!!

0900 is fine with me.

I am kind of a new guy around here and get lost easy, so is this the right Cracker Barrel:

I-95, exit 363

I-95 @ Airport Road

13250 City Station Drive

Jacksonville (airport) FL 32218

Coming from Neptune Beach:

Atlantic to 9A North

Take I-95 North to exit 363

Thanks