• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell December Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS man just dropped them off @ 2200 hrs. Working late huh?

Received at Day Long on December 10, build date December 13 and arrived on the 19 th. :yahoo:

Just in time for Christmas. Life is good.

hh

Build date was Dec. 7th and got mine yesterday. UPS making late deliveries here as well. I think it was 7:30 cst when he dropped it on the front porch. To cold, salty, snowy, etc. here to try it out, but I plan to at least mount it and pretend in the garage!

Mine arrived two days ago. Weather was chilly, but not so cold to prevent me to take an overnight trip Williamsburg (2.5 hr via I-95). The seat seems hard and slippery at first, and definitely seems to be higher, as others have mentioned. 300 miles later, I'm happy with the seat, but am now thinking I may need to look into risers. The new seat seems to have me sitting a littler further back, putting more weight on my hands. I'm thinking if the bars were back an inch or so, it would make a big difference.

I went for a ride this morning, a short 50 mi. The seat is great except for the long reach to the ground. I am back at the stock seat height. I already have the Murph risers and I need something to move the bars back about 2 to 3"s. I new I needed a good reason to put the bridgeport back together. With the bars back I should be able to relieve the pressure and numbness in my hands. For now the Cat O ring will have to doooooo. 32 when I started and 26 when I got back. A new snow front is here.

My build date isn't until Feb 5th. We must have bought alot of seats...

I Received mine yesterday and I will be trying mine today if the roads aren't to icy. The mountains got dumped on, and this valley usually stays dry. I like how the seat is taller, at 6-5 it will help with the knees.

Bob

I sent my seat via FedEx on Dec 13 and the build date is 17 Dec. I should get it delivered around Dec 29. I can't wait.

My build date isn't until Feb 5th. We must have bought alot of seats...
Wonder what the final number was?

Thanks again for getting this going. Great Group Buy! :clapping:

hh

111_1200.jpg

I must have been the last to order. I know it was down to the wire on the last day getting my fax in on time. My build date is 02/12. Really looking forward to it. Kudos again to 2006FJR for setting this up.

My build date was January 15 and mine just arrived about 15 minutes ago!!! Now that is a great Christmas present to myself and it arrived on Christmas Eve. Looks great. Thanks again 2006FJR.

My build date was January 15 and mine just arrived about 15 minutes ago!!! Now that is a great Christmas present to myself and it arrived on Christmas Eve. Looks great. Thanks again 2006FJR.
Wait a minute, my build date is Jan. 15th., :unsure:

better get it in the mail tomorrow they might be getting caught up????

You guys are all welcome and it is nice seeing photos of your new seats! I have been riding everyday in this great weather we have been having. Today was a little too hot but still a nice ride.

Just picked up mine from the post office. My build date was the 15th of December. It left their factory on the 17th. Took less time coming back than it did getting there! Sure has a different feel to it.

thanks again for making this possible :yahoo:

Shipped mine out today. Build date is Jan 7th. Can't wait. :dribble: :dribble:

Getting ready to ship mine in. Any advise as to how to pack it, or things to include to help them get it right? I was thinking of putting a CD with the photos I took so that I am sure they get a good look at them, and putting my name on the pan.

Getting ready to ship mine in. Any advise as to how to pack it, or things to include to help them get it right? I was thinking of putting a CD with the photos I took so that I am sure they get a good look at them, and putting my name on the pan.
I just went to OfficeMax and purchased a box that fit the seat perfectly. So there would be little movement, I filled in the gaps with packing material that I had laying around the garage.

I doubt a CD is worthwhile ... just send the photos in an email.

Not a bad idea to put your name on the pan.

Sort of what I did.... found a cardboard box big enough. Packed around the seat with newpaper. Put an envelop in the box with a copy of my faxed order and pictures of me with the bike as requested.

Pictures were the 8 1/2 by 11 colour. Then I phoned to make sure they got it and asked if they had any questions I forgot to answer.

Seat is back home again.... safe and sound :rolleyes:

Got the new seat on the bike but road conditions are not the greatest so guess I'll need to be content sitting in the garage. The seat feels very slick (leather), like I'll be sliding all over it while riding.... Is that normal?

The seat also feels a little weird in the middle (a hump of sorts?). I know they say to ride for 500 miles before making adjustements/etc. Anyone else finding that to be true?

Seat sure looks nice, and yes, the height increase is there for sure and I am on tip-toes with the bike off it's stand. Not a problem (I think?... hope!) as I think the added height or whatever it is will help with the knee pain on long rides...

Can't wait for the roads to clear up!

Do they return ship the new seat in the box that you sent your orig. seat in? The Russell seem's a bit larger than stock,

Do you plan for this when you ship your seat out? Thank's for any info. Bluejag

Status
Not open for further replies.