• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested, but I need my seat for the weekend of 11/21 :dribble:
pillows-4.jpg

:D

I've posted this group buy on the ST board, Goldwing board, Stromtrooper board, and Harley board. I can't figure how to post it on the BMW board, so if any of you have a beemer, pls post it there. So far, we have 38 people signed up.

For those of you who are still considering joining the group buy, see this forum thread.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=122433

Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanting to possibly get in on this. I'm going to be test sitting a Russel this weekend. Hopefully we won't hit the 60 max limit before I get back. I need to test sit one because I'm one of those vertically challenged folks and need to make sure I can still get a toe down. I don't want to get on the list and take up a spot to find out that it won't work for me, but I also don't want to miss out. Not sure what to do.

Wanting to possibly get in on this. I'm going to be test sitting a Russel this weekend. Hopefully we won't hit the 60 max limit before I get back. I need to test sit one because I'm one of those vertically challenged folks and need to make sure I can still get a toe down. I don't want to get on the list and take up a spot to find out that it won't work for me, but I also don't want to miss out. Not sure what to do.
Howard mentioned that we were approaching 40. I'd put my name down anyway and then, there would still be time to fill your spot should you choose to drop out after you try it this WE.

but then you would face the wrath of dozens of angry mob-like FJR riders just itching to send bad juju dolls your way! :lol:

remember, when test sitting, that if the owner isn't your same measurements you'll need to take those differences into account. each Russell is custom made for your measurements (height, weight, inseam, etc.).

remember, when test sitting, that if the owner isn't your same measurements you'll need to take those differences into account. each Russell is custom made for your measurements (height, weight, inseam, etc.).
I'll be sure to keep that in mind. He bought the bike off of another forum member here recently (Bayou Boy) so I'm not sure what his stats are. But Twizted and I are close. About the same height and I'm sure I have a few pounds on him. Thanks

[SIZE=14pt]"There's no rush. I'll think about it for a while."[/SIZE]

That's what I said last November when there was a group buy for Russell seats, and that's what I said just two months ago when there was another group buy for Russell seats. And both times, by the time I got off my backside and decided I wanted to order the seat, the group buy was full and I lost out. That's why I organized this group buy, and I'm orderer #1, so I'm not going to miss out.

So far, we have 49 names on the list. We can only get 60 orders on this buy, but I'll take 15 wait list names in case so committed orderers back out.

Please don't get mad at me if you miss out because you dilly-dally. If you SERIOUSLY want to order one of these great seats at a 20% discount, now is the time to step up. Today--not tomorrow. Just email directly at [email protected] and let me know your intentions.

Howard

I am sending out a blanket email to every name on my list. If you do not get this email from me today, pls pls contact me to be sure your name is on the list.

Howard

I'm in on this for rider and passenger if its not too late (All Day seat), if I'm able to get some help. Live in Oz and sending my seats over would take me off the bitumen for too long, not to mention the freight cost. Is it possible to get a 2nd hand pad from a wreckers over there, 09 model, to have sent to Russell Seats. Any help appreciated.

As of this morning, there are 83 people who have signed up for our 60 order positions. I have notified the first 60 of their position, and I have notified the others that they are on a wait list in the event of cancellations.

The buy will take place on and after November 2. If thee are still some spots available after the first rush of orders, I'll repost a message here, otherwise, I'm sorry to close this group buy at this time.

As of this morning, there are 83 people who have signed up for our 60 order positions. I have notified the first 60 of their position, and I have notified the others that they are on a wait list in the event of cancellations.
The buy will take place on and after November 2. If thee are still some spots available after the first rush of orders, I'll repost a message here, otherwise, I'm sorry to close this group buy at this time.
Harold: Haven't seen either e-mail from you as yet today although I did see your earlier bulk e-mail asking those not serious to remove themselves from the list. I'm ddykesatwesternsuretydotca

Thanks

Dave