• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Howard,

Hoping to receive a confirmation from you today. Your first email response to me suggested that I was #49, and I responded that I was certainly serious about the buy.

Thanks,

Barry

I think we should all pay an extra $10.00 and get Howard his seat for $0 for having to deal with all of us and our e-mails!

Thanks again Howard for organizing this.

I never like coughing up extra money but I think this sounds like a good cause.

Howard, can you ask Russell if they would allow us to just pay them an extra $10 to be applied towards your bill? I'm betting this would be easier than doing some sort of PayPal thing. This would allow us to just volunteer as we pay for our own seats.

I sent out a blanket email last nite to all 59 people (I'm # 60) who are on the group buy. If you are in the initial 60 and HAVE NOT gotten this email, pls email me (not by PM) at [email protected].

I will send out an email tonight to those of you on the wait list to tell you how that will work.

Thanks to those of you who have suggested and offered to kick in some extra $$ to buy me my seat. But it is I who should thank you all, since I am now going to get my seat for 20% off. Our FJR community is just that-- a community. We help each other when we can, and when times get tough, we're there for each other. And that's the way it ought to be.

So please don't send Russell and extra $10 for me. Instead, when we cross paths on the road or at a rally, say 'Hi".

Howard

I sent out a blanket email last nite to all 59 people (I'm # 60) who are on the group buy. If you are in the initial 60 and HAVE NOT gotten this email, pls email me (not by PM) at [email protected].
I will send out an email tonight to those of you on the wait list to tell you how that will work.

Thanks to those of you who have suggested and offered to kick in some extra $$ to buy me my seat. But it is I who should thank you all, since I am now going to get my seat for 20% off. Our FJR community is just that-- a community. We help each other when we can, and when times get tough, we're there for each other. And that's the way it ought to be.

So please don't send Russell and extra $10 for me. Instead, when we cross paths on the road or at a rally, [SIZE=18pt]Buy me the drink of my choice[/SIZE]".

Howard
Fixed it for you! :lol: Thanks again Howard!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was curious about the "new sport seat" so sent an e-mail out for info. This was the reply:

=======================================================

Hello,

The Sport Day-Long is similar to the regular Day-Long. It just does not have the spring system in the seat. The Sport version of the Day-Long is made for people who have ground reach issues. With the Day-Long you are usually raised up about 1"-11/2". With the Sport Day-Long you stay at the same height with a lot more comfort then stock. The Sport seats are 20% off of the Day-Long price. If you sent just one of the two piece pans in then it would be an S-1 price code. If you send both of the two pans in then it would be an S-3 price code. The price would depend on the type of material you would like your seat redone in. We offer all vinyl, velour inserts, leather insert, and all leather. If you let me know which you would like then I can give you a quote. We would need an order form first to start the process. It takes about two weeks to get thru production once the production date has started. The order form is how you get a production date. If you have any other questions feel free to write back.

Heather

============================================================

I'm kinda interested in the Sport Day-Long even though I'd rather have the raised height of the Day-Long seat. Can i assume right that whatever i make up my mind to purchase that i will get the Group Buy discount which i am one of those on the current list. With the sport seats being already cheaper than the Day-Long it does somewhat appeal to my wallet, with the added Group discount. I know they are NEW but has anyone sat on one of the "Sport Seats"?

I was curious about the "new sport seat" so sent an e-mail out for info. This was the reply:=======================================================

Hello,

The Sport Day-Long is similar to the regular Day-Long. It just does not have the spring system in the seat. The Sport version of the Day-Long is made for people who have ground reach issues. With the Day-Long you are usually raised up about 1"-11/2". With the Sport Day-Long you stay at the same height with a lot more comfort then stock. The Sport seats are 20% off of the Day-Long price. If you sent just one of the two piece pans in then it would be an S-1 price code. If you send both of the two pans in then it would be an S-3 price code. The price would depend on the type of material you would like your seat redone in. We offer all vinyl, velour inserts, leather insert, and all leather. If you let me know which you would like then I can give you a quote. We would need an order form first to start the process. It takes about two weeks to get thru production once the production date has started. The order form is how you get a production date. If you have any other questions feel free to write back.

Heather

============================================================

I'm kinda interested in the Sport Day-Long even though I'd rather have the raised height of the Day-Long seat. Can i assume right that whatever i make up my mind to purchase that i will get the Group Buy discount which i am one of those on the current list. With the sport seats being already cheaper than the Day-Long it does somewhat appeal to my wallet, with the added Group discount. I know they are NEW but has anyone sat on one of the "Sport Seats"?

I wrote to Russell and here is their response:

The Sport Day-Longs are 20% less then the Day-Long price. So if you order a Sport seat apart of the group buy. Then you will be getting a 10% only additional discount. So all together you will be a 30% discount on the Sport seats only if that is what you order. We can not make it 40% off or we are just losing to much labor time and material. If you have any other questions feel free to write back

Howard

I wrote to Russell and here is their response:

The Sport Day-Longs are 20% less then the Day-Long price. So if you order a Sport seat apart of the group buy. Then you will be getting a 10% only additional discount. So all together you will be a 30% discount on the Sport seats only if that is what you order. We can not make it 40% off or we are just losing to much labor time and material. If you have any other questions feel free to write back

Howard

Well it makes sense but 40% would have been awesome but i'll take 30, if i happen to go that route. Now it's decision time Sport seat or no Sport seat. HHMMMM

THANKS for the info Howard....

I got the Russell seat a couple of years back...between that and suspension work is the best bang for the bike I've spent since getting the bike.

Of course, I got the tractor style seat so my FJR will be considerably slower than those who get the sport seat. :)

Can't wait for the seat ! Is leather the way to go?
Yes. This is my 2nd Russell (1st was a different bike). The all leather is much more comfy (even with riding pants) than the vinyl I had before.
leather also breathes more than vinyl. moisture will go through the sewing needle holes and take less time to evaporate. i'm going with leather too.