• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a build date of 12/10.

Works out good for me. Need the seat for a trip next weekend.

I wish I had the seat last 300 mile trip I went on. I was starting to squirm after 90 miles.

I'm only getting a rear seat done. I already had my front seat done 2 years ago during a group buy, and the rear seat was just recovered. I love my custom Russell front seat so much, I had to get a custom pillion done up for my co-pilot wife.

The funny thing is, I'm getting this rear seat made up for her and the build date they gave me is 12/11, our 32nd anniversary.

Is that serendipity or what?

The Russell seat has increased my comfort tremendously. None of you guys will be sorry, believe me. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who have shipped or are planning to ship both seats in to Russell how and what method did you use? Both seats in the same package or seperately..... I'm assuming both at once would be the best way.. But UPS, FEDEX, USPS.....

THANKS

To those who have shipped or are planning to ship both seats in to Russell how and what method did you use? Both seats in the same package or seperately..... I'm assuming both at once would be the best way.. But UPS, FEDEX, USPS.....
THANKS

ship them together and pick the lesser of 3 evils :devil: :devil: :devil: !

ship them together and pick the lesser of 3 evils :devil: :devil: :devil: !

Shipped both seats yesterday in the same package, UPS $16.22 from B-more Careful Md...

c'mon now. You know the mantra... Without pictures it doesn't exist! ;)
PB190210.jpg

Ain't she a beut? Leather inserts with Vinyl sides, and a lot of extra space in the rear so he can slide farther away from the tank. The Beer Gut Cut, I believe it's called. Now he can stop whining about needing to borrow mine all the time!!

OK. New to this forum and all it's tiny print/links.

Can someone please inform me on the NEXT Russell seat group buy?

Very new on trying to get accessories for my FJR.

Thanks everyone.

Nick

OK. New to this forum and all it's tiny print/links.Can someone please inform me on the NEXT Russell seat group buy?

Very new on trying to get accessories for my FJR.

Thanks everyone.

Nick
this was about the 3rd this year. Usually there's one around Xmas/New years and that's it. (Their slow season.) since they've done 3 (and had to be asked a lot for the 3rd) you'll probably have to keep an ear open for next winter. OR e-mail the address in post #1 and see if you can get in on this one before the windows closes on the 30th.

Here's a little tip for anyone that is interested in group buys, or any other particular area of the forum for that matter.

Subscribe to the "Group/Self Buys" subforum.

To do that, when viewing the message listing in the subforum of interest, just pull down the "Forum Options" menu (in the upper right corner) and select "subscribe to this forum". Next you will choose whatever method you want to have notification.

Here's a little tip for anyone that is interested in group buys, or any other particular area of the forum for that matter.
Subscribe to the "Group/Self Buys" subforum.

To do that, when viewing the message listing in the subforum of interest, just pull down the "Forum Options" menu (in the upper right corner) and select "subscribe to this forum". Next you will choose whatever method you want to have notification.
They say you learn something everyday.......

I think i made it in. Submitted the electronic form Friday afternoon, but with my limited computer skills, I think a follow up phone call is in order.

Thank You howard !

Heather from Russell called yesterday to tell me that they were shipping my seats!

I should have them by Friday. :yahoo:

Thanks to all of you riders who signed up for, and actually bought, a Russell seat in this group buy. We all got a 20% discount, which is a bunch of money. And--we got a great seat!

I spoke with Heather and hopefully Russell will let in everybody from the long wait list that we had.

When I buy a new farkle for my FJR, I love to buy it at a discount. Group buys seem to be the way to get the best discount from vendors, so I might try some additional buys in the near future. If you have any criticisms of how I conducted this buy, please let met know so I can do better next time.

Ride safe,

Howard

Worked really well, very smooth I thought.

Seat is on the bike and looks really good. Now if I could just ride it - darn winter anyway.

Tanks again Howard!

I got my build date of Jan 7, 2010. the two up picture I send didn't have the bags attached. I mentioned that I ride two up with the bags and the reply I got back was; "I do need one more of the two up with the side bags on. The latch is really close to the seat when we build. So we need a photo with those on.".

I mention this because one poster said he had problems with the latch and Russel wanted to charge him to correct the seat.