Saddleman Stealth Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not seen or tried this seat but it looks like what I need because it lowers your riding position. But I took advantage of the Russell Group Buy and found out that the Russell raises your riding position. If I had seen this before I probably would have bought this depending on the price and written a review.

I'm not familiar with this particular seat, but I have a Saddleman Explorer Special for my C50 cruiser. The seat looks great, however it is extremely firm. I can go for about an hour before I have to start wiggling around to get comfortable. Also, the gel gets very hot when the bike has been sitting in the sun and it retains that heat for a long time. This give one the sensation of sitting on a frying pan. I don't think I would buy another Saddleman seat. Just my $.02.

I had a Travelcade Road Sofa (iirc Saddleman bought them out and kept producing them). I was nearly in tears at the end of my first BBG while using it. I was loath to get back on the seat again each fuel stop. I even swapped on beads, a gell pad, and the RS seat as I carried the different pads with me for the trip. The Russell was head and shoulders above my RS. It was yet another attempt to save money over the cost of a Russell that, in the long run, ended up with me spending more than if I'd done the right thing to begin with.

Only available for Gen 1, I have never met a rider with one. Looks like a one piece similar to the early Corbins. When you click on the link above, change the year to 2005 or earlier and then click search for a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts