San Diego Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok so figured it out and the scoop is we are gonna ride Saturday September 5th.

We will be leaving from Rancho San Diego Village which is close to La Mesa at 9am.

We will be having lunch in Julian this will keep the pigs in the group happy (you know who you are).

The route to julian will take us on a little detour that Roy knows and then across highway 94 to the 8 then east on 8 to Ocotillo.

We will then head N/W on Imperial highway/Sweeney Pass road/ AKA Great Southern Overland Stage Road, Thats a lot of names for 1 fucking road it better be good.

We make a left on 78 and head up to julian where will find a trough for john to eat at.

After lunch we will head for Johhny's via the 79 and East grade road.

Sound like fun? well sign up then.

R

MAP IS HERE

Have other plans that Saturday.

3 day holiday weeknds aren't always my favorite for riding. Tons-O-cops and idiots. Just sayin'.

Have fun and ride safe.

Este poco guarro esta divulgando adentro para el paseo: Senor Ricardo, this little piggy is reporting in for San Diego Ride 9/5!

Just make sure that trough in Julian is large enough for both johnny80s y Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" to wallow up to!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the day of our family gathering/B-B-Q. :drinks:

Labor Day weekend is always too busy for us. :fans:

Have a blast and ride safe.

...then head N/W on Imperial highway/Sweeney Pass road/ AKA Great Southern Overland Stage Road, Thats a lot of names for 1 fucking road it better be good....
Holy fooking batshit man! That's gonna be one hot muther! Great road in...cough...cooler seasons.

Just fer grins and giggles, maybe you could also toss in Mesa Grande between Santa Ysabel and Lake Henshaw; its on the way. One of San Diego's better runs, but a little lesser known.

Barring any last minute emergencies, count me in. Maybe Janet also, if I can talk her into another hot ride...

Ah what the hell, count me in at 98% sure. It will be hot, maybe, I ride around this area all the time.

Ouch,

Sorry no can do this one, I am leaving the Feejer that Friday as I am back in Dubai for some REAL camel riding :hairysmiley:

Hot? It is 86 degrees in Alpine and 108 here in Phoenix today!
I'm bringing my winter weather riding gear along for the SD ride. 22 degrees cooler than Chandler will be freezing me out!!!
True that, but we'll be going thru Ocotillo Wells and across the ole Stagecoach Hwy. About 108 for today, and we are experiencing an unusually cool August so far.

Ocotillo Wells 10 day forecast

Just FYI...

Mesa Grande definetly... We will be on the desert floor for only about 55 miles between Ocotillo and Banner, then up to Julian where it should be a bit cooler.

Have other plans that Saturday.
3 day holiday weeknds aren't always my favorite for riding. Tons-O-cops and idiots. Just sayin'.

Have fun and ride safe.
I'm gonna agree with FJRBluesman on this one........I like the route.
Is the Saturday the 29th a cursed day for motorcycle rides? Seems like a winner to me.

That and a frozen camel back......

HBLARRY

im in,bikes getting a new shock as we speak(soooooo glad i got the yes warranty,800 shock,less than 400 for the yes,u do the math).

Here's another culinary consideration for you guy's that are headin' for that deep fried heaven. :rolleyes:

HBLARRY

100_2161.jpg

This last weekend was NOT that hot in these parts. I was camping and boating for 5 days and it was very pleasant. Hoping to join y'all on this ride too.