San Diego Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will meet you. How about the Starbucks by Target on Vally Parkway.
John - what time do you want to meet here? We can count on about 45 minutes to get to La mes from here.

Slappy - Are you thinking of meeting us here (78 and 15)?
Let's meet at 7:45. If we are late Richard will bitch and moan.

Richard, any idea, a guess is ok, where you guy might be about 11:00a. I have an obligation until 10:00 in La Mesa and then would be able to break free and catch up. I would really like to ride with you guys, but understand if what I am asking is a bit a stretch for a reasonable answer. Or, I could call the "carb container" as he hopefully will be monitoring his cell during the ride... Manwhore

Richard, any idea, a guess is ok, where you guy might be about 11:00a. I have an obligation until 10:00 in La Mesa and then would be able to break free and catch up. I would really like to ride with you guys, but understand if what I am asking is a bit a stretch for a reasonable answer. Or, I could call the "carb container" as he hopefully will be monitoring his cell during the ride... Manwhore
I don't know how much reception we will get out there. Phones don't always work as we found out last time in Barret Junction.

Fish and Chips, Fish and Chips, Fish and Chips

Did someone say fish and chips .....

[SIZE=10pt]Viva Los Robustos ![/SIZE]

Wimps, passing up good food, just 'cause it's a little hot. I thought you were [SIZE=12pt]LOS ROBUSTOS - EAT TO RIDE RIDE TO EAT[/SIZE].

OK now you can go back to slagging each other off .....

11 am is 2 hours from ksu and figure 1 1/2 hours to Jacumba, with some detours:

If we take the un-heated route, likely at, near, in the vicinity of junction old Hwy 80 and Sunrise.... from La Mesa, gives you about an hour to hook up with us, Easy Peazy

If we take the desert route, probably just north of Ocotillo on Sweeny/ Great Overland heading towards Banner grade.

I am thinking it is more likely we will be doing option 2 route so fat boys cell should be working as we will be running along side the freeway as we head to Sunrise.

I would look for us around Sunrise and 80...

R

Thanks for letting me join in today. I'll try to check in with the forum before I go on my next test run out Lyons Valley. You never know who you might find out there just north of the border.

Made it back safe and the last 15 miles was a blast. total miles for me 290 back roads + 50 miles freeway approx. thanks for the company. nice to meet everyone and some again. Lots of gas was used and lots of food was ate.....

Glad to hear you'all had a good time...........I just did this ride a few weeks ago

and it was hard holding back this time...........up at 6 AM, ready to hop on the bike last minute and join up........

the expected 103-107 temps and the 425 miles did it for me.

Next time for sure.......... Now, let's hear that ride report.

WW's FJR

I had a great time today. Thanks for including me and for some of the riding tips. They were very helpful.

Absolutely great ride Richard! I cut out after lunch to get some much needed shut eye cuz the carb container (Johnny80’s, alias El Presidente Robusto) kept me up till 2:30a helping me install my new Hella light kit. Things stopped working for me directly after lunch because I only got two hrs, sleep after leaving Fallbrook (Johnny’s house) and arriving in Lakeside at 3:30a. Me eyes were no longer focusing…Got home and crashed on the couch, that’s why I am setting here doing this at midnight cuz my little friggin nap ruined the rest of me normal sleep pattern… Thanks again Johnny for all you do for everyone else!! I might add you got your shit together with knowledge of the farkel installs. U b a Damn handy guy to have around…

Bunch of good guys I had yet to meet and hope to ride with again. Rode with a few that I’ve ridden with before and will absolutely ride with again…Hope I didn’t miss too much after Julian, but it would have been dangerous for me to continue flying with the likes of the "R" man…..

The Manwhore! Wide awake!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: