San Diego Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Richard,

Social online edicate says that since i called myself a d#%k before anyone else could, you can't be mad at me.

just click the link numb nuts........ :D :D

Besides i dont think you do attachments here.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexico = NO FUCKING WAY JOSE.
No Fookin shit! Last time I was in mejico, I had to bribe my way out from some rather unsavory federales who wanted our car and women folk. That was 20 years ago - never again para mi! No es buena!

Malve, join us anyway for a north of the border run. I was thinking that if it was looking too unpleasant (i.e. too hot) through Ocotillo Wells, I would peel off at the 8/94 junction and head to Sunrise hwy and meet the folks in Julian. The weather forcast says that it won't get over 100F in Ocotillo until after 12 noon, so if we go through Ocotillo Wells early we may miss the worst of it. Either way, I was planning of making a backup plan when we meet folks at the Starbucks in La Mesa.

Mexico = NO FUCKING WAY JOSE.
No Fookin shit! Last time I was in mejico, I had to bribe my way out from some rather unsavory federales who wanted our car and women folk. That was 20 years ago - never again para mi! No es buena!

Malve, join us anyway for a north of the border run. I was thinking that if it was looking too unpleasant (i.e. too hot) through Ocotillo Wells, I would peel off at the 8/94 junction and head to Sunrise hwy and meet the folks in Julian. The weather forcast says that it won't get over 100F in Ocotillo until after 12 noon, so if we go through Ocotillo Wells early we may miss the worst of it. Either way, I was planning of making a backup plan when we meet folks at the Starbucks in La Mesa.
That sounds good.

I commited to being in with no asterik, so I will join you regardless. If at any point if I need to peel off, so be it.

I'm not saying one word...pussies!

ok, so just the one.
This from the guy who doesn't even have a damn passport.R
I'd still go, but it's moot.
I'll tell you what. We will go to the border with you and watch you cross. Then when you can't get back in we will laugh and point.It'll be a great show.
:rofl:
You guys are a hoot to read!!! Just do a Slappy ride. Ride to costco, cruise the parking lot, get food, eat, and ride home.

You dweebs!

I'll be playing poker, drinking beer, and having stogies. Buy in is a case of diapers. Don't ask...

Enjoy the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezzzz I am glad that is settled. We are riding for food, or is it riding to find food, or food will be chasing us, or food exploring, something like that....see you on Sat.

Richard posted up the alternate 'Miss the Heat' route...

We'll get to the end of 94 at Jacumba and instead of going down to Ocotillo, we'll take old Hwy 80 to the Sunrise junction, do Sunrise (duh) then take Engineer road at the lake and up the back way to Pine Valley and Julian. I've been on this route but cannot remember if it's all, or partially paved . I'll find out tomorrow and we can decide at the meet.

If it's not too blazing hot, I'm still good to do the Ocotillo route.

Regarding Mexico, once the killin' and carnage subside, I'll definetly be looking to ride the twisties at Rumerosa, about 8 miles southwest of Jacumba. Google Earth that. Perhaps go in at Tecate and out at Calexico...

See you all Saturday

Richard posted up the alternate 'Miss the Heat' route... We'll get to the end of 94 at Jacumba and instead of going down to Ocotillo, we'll take old Hwy 80 to the Sunrise junction, do Sunrise (duh) then take Engineer road at the lake and up the back way to Pine Valley and Julian. I've been on this route but cannot remember if it's all, or partially paved . I'll find out tomorrow and we can decide at the meet.

If it's not too blazing hot, I'm still good to do the Ocotillo route.

Regarding Mexico, once the killin' and carnage subside, I'll definetly be looking to ride the twisties at Rumerosa, about 8 miles southwest of Jacumba. Google Earth that. Perhaps go in at Tecate and out at Calexico...

See you all Saturday
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=121308&hl= McRide, please consider riding into Baja Norte on 10/9 for 4 days. 10 of us from BMW Club AZ Beemers are spending Friday and Saturday nights in Ensenada and Sunday night in San Felipe. We've many years y mucho kilometers riding Mexican roads together. Mas caminos y mas amigos! Ole, ole!

Love your routing planned for Saturday, this'll be a really great riding day. Always have big fun riding with the SoCal guys!!!

you guys sound like a bunch of fkng virgins (xcept my friend beemerdons of course).pull your lips from the teet.see you lame azzs manyana.

you guys sound like a bunch of fkng virgins (xcept my friend beemerdons of course).pull your lips from the teet.see you lame azzs manyana.
Once again mi amigo djbill, really looking forward to seeing you and riding with you again! Always a great FJR ride in SoCal!

I will meet you. How about the Starbucks by Target on Vally Parkway.
John - what time do you want to meet here? We can count on about 45 minutes to get to La mes from here.

Slappy - Are you thinking of meeting us here (78 and 15)?