SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I booked a room yesterday. Website said they only had 1 room left and it was a single queen. Called there instead and the girl booked me into a room with 2 queen beds. Was around $90 + tax a night.

Trailering Friday is still the likely scenario. Departure day won't be known until a couple weeks out.

Room booked. I'm In.
smile.png

I'll get an updated roster posted tonight.

In the mean time, Denny has taken one for the team and laid out a most excellent adventure on the west side of I-77. Here's a preview while Oface works his Garmin guru magic on my S&T file.

2014Westpreview_zps2dda26fb.png

Gray Ray, Bockelrider, & El Toro Joe, meeting up this Sun. at 9:00 a.m. at the Bob Evans Rest. in Dover, Ohio . I-77 and Rt. #39 To do a little day ride. Breakfast at 9:00, Stands-up, Tanks full @ 10:00. Anyone in the area, come on down.

Maritta Ohio weather Sun. Mar. 30, 2014, 61 degrees and sunny.

Snowed today here, man, I just may have ta drink coffee for the parking lot socials!

OK, that there 40 Creek stuff will warm me belly also :)

Gray Ray, Bockelrider, & El Toro Joe, meeting up this Sun. at 9:00 a.m. at the Bob Evans Rest. in Dover, Ohio . I-77 and Rt. #39 To do a little day ride. Breakfast at 9:00, Stands-up, Tanks full @ 10:00. Anyone in the area, come on down.
We'll see how the weather up here works out, I may stop in and have breakfast with you guys. I'll probably wander off on my own afterward, I'm one of the "slow group" and need to knock a bunch of rust off after this miserable winter. One thing's for sure though, I'm ready for some good riding weather.

I'll have to see how much snow we get Saturday night...

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Brunswick&state=OH&site=CLE&textField1=41.2457&textField2=-81.8212

...if I'm not there...start without me.

Got a room booked and arriving on the Thursday since I am old and retired but not quite as useless as BeemerDons.

Have an extra bed. PM me if you want to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a room booked and arriving on the Thursday since I am old and retired but not quite as useless as BeemerDons.Have an extra bed. PM me if you want to share.
I knew you couldn't resist this roundup
smile.png

So, who's bringing the Forty-C?

I would, but u know it probably would never make it past the kick-off campfire the night before!

404-890x595.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a room booked and arriving on the Thursday since I am old and retired but not quite as useless as BeemerDons.Have an extra bed. PM me if you want to share.
smile.png

I would, but u know it probably would never make it past the kick-off campfire the night before!
Wait a minute..did Yamafitter just say he wanted Beemerdons as a roommate?

What is Fourty-C?

I'm so confused.
fool.gif

I'm hoping someone else is looking for a room so I DON'T have to take BeemerDons as a roomie.
Forty-C is KJ speak for Forty Creek Rye Whiskey.

smile.png

Wait a minute..did Yamafitter just say he wanted Beemerdons as a roommate?

What is Fourty-C?

I'm so confused.
fool.gif
Sorry Tom, my badd NY slang.

So, thinking... Bill and Don will make perfect roomies! Don will pickup the hookers, Billy can be the cameraman w his new GoPro-HD.... hmmm, film at eleven!? (no, not no eleven inches either u two!) ...well maybe combined ;)

This is going to be FUN!!!! Can't wait :)

Quick update - We've got a solid west loop now - Denny has put together a great 350-ish loop and 0Face has whipped it into just about every Garmin format known to man. Working up an east route now, should have everything buttoned up in a couple of weeks and posted for download.

Hat's off and huge thanks to both Denny and Marty!!

Wayne