SE Ohio Spring "Ramble" 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been told that the most curves a Michigan person sees is around all the potholes and they art skeered! :assassin:

[SIZE=8pt](Friendly ribbing to friends north of us!)[/SIZE]

Maybe it was the mention of meeting at the Shoe? :yahoo:

Please put me on the list as a "maybe". If I'm able to join the ride, I'll most likely meet everyone in Athens on Saturday morning and then travel back home sometime later that afternoon.

Rentaroo, you're not alone as I'll be staying the nite in Western PA (where I'm originally from) and riding to the meet place on Saturday morn. As the day gets closer, PM me to let me know if you want to meet somewhat earlier to ride together.

Same offer for anyone else in the Pittsburgh area.

Depending on which way you guys come in from PA, I would be more than happy to lead you all on a short ride to Athens from the Marietta area. It will be much more fun than just salbbing 50 all the way there. Also should anyone need to make a *pit* stop, my home by that time, will be just outside of Marietta and you would be more than welcome to use my "facilities" if needed, or I could have a fresh pot of coffee ready before I make the trip to Athens.

Thank you Murph & Thompsonian. I'm originally from the Wheeling, WV area...my nephew attends OU in Athens, so I'm pretty familiar with the area we'll be riding. I'll probably stay with some family in Bellaire, OH Friday evening, then ride Rt 800 down to Marietta, and a few other roads into Athens on Saturday Morning.

Or maybe I'll just make the trip from my place on Saturday...

Roo'ster,

My house is off of 821, so if you head into Marietta Sat AM, drop me aline as to what time, or I'll just give you my # and we can ride in together if you'd like. No sense in making a trip by yourself to Athens if you don't have to.

-Dave

Roo'ster,
My house is off of 821, so if you head into Marietta Sat AM, drop me aline as to what time, or I'll just give you my # and we can ride in together if you'd like. No sense in making a trip by yourself to Athens if you don't have to.

-Dave

Gosh, I leave for a couple of Day's and the lenght of the list has doubled. You better switch me from a maybe to for sure, because, I'm afraid that if I don't commit I'll be sleeping in Columbus or God only knows where. I also read that your trying to limit the riders to FJR Riders understandably so, but if I can incroach on the powers to be. I asked a friend if he would be interested and he said Heck Yeah! Now for the down side, he rides a ST1300, but hey, we can wait up for him at the stop signs Ha Ha No seriously he's a pretty good rider and I told him I'd smooth things over with you guy's if he paid for the Hotel room. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo When you meet him, Dont tell him I told you guy's this.

Dave

Roo'ster,

-Dave

Gosh, I leave for a couple of Day's and the lenght of the list has doubled. You better switch me from a maybe to for sure, because, I'm afraid that if I don't commit I'll be sleeping in Columbus or God only knows where. I also read that your trying to limit the riders to FJR Riders understandably so, but if I can incroach on the powers to be. I asked a friend if he would be interested and he said Heck Yeah! Now for the down side, he rides a ST1300, but hey, we can wait up for him at the stop signs Ha Ha No seriously he's a pretty good rider and I told him I'd smooth things over with you guy's if he paid for the Hotel room. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo When you meet him, Dont tell him I told you guy's this.

Dave
Not a problem there Dave...putting Dave and friend on ST1300 in the "fer sure" column. As far as that list...only FJR Riders or FJR wannabees from now on since the list is getting long. 'Kay? :)

Y'all better get your rooms soon...griff & I have reservations at the Super8 although there are other hotels in the vicinity. Remember to get reservations for the raindate (following) weekend as well.

How many Dave's are we got on this list? YO!!!!!

( Subtle Spaceballs reference )

Hmm....seems like we may have to start numbering ourselves...

How many Dave's are we got on this list? YO!!!!!( Subtle Spaceballs reference )

Hmm....seems like we may have to start numbering ourselves...

Hey, Your not going to believe this,but guess what my friends name is with the ST. Yep! You guessed it, it's Dave also. Also isn't really his last name, but we could start calling him that, if you think that it will help keep all of us Dave's straightend out.. Kind of has a nice ring to it don't you think....... Dave Also Hem? Who knows, maybe it will stick. We all know how dumb nicknames get started.

Dave

Y'all better get your rooms soon...griff & I have reservations at the Super8 although there are other hotels in the vicinity. Remember to get reservations for the raindate (following) weekend as well.
I just made a reservation (just in case my plans change and I get into town on Friday rather than Saturday morn).

Note to everyone: Super 8's cancellation policy is 48 hours ... if you're going to cancel without hassle, do so by the afternoon of 4/16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...If I do make this trip, I plan on bringing my wife with me...hope that is not an issue. She is my co-pilot. Anyone else going to be two-up?

There's a chance that I'll be bringing my wife. Actually, that's why I booked the hotel room .... she wouldn't want to wake up at 0'dark thirty to ride X number of hours so as to make the meeting point in time! ;)

If you want to eat great food for $8.95, check out the Hocking Hills State Park Dining Lodge, 20020 State Route 664 South, Logan, Ohio 43138 Phone: 740-385-6495. It's right in the park and every road that leads to it is twisty.

The food is good homestyle cookin'. Huge buffet, all you can eat $8.95. Amazing parking, sits on a deep ravine with a huge bank of windows overlooking it.

And, they accept Golden Buckeye Cards! I don't have one yet. Almost

Oh...If I do make this trip, I plan on bringing my wife with me...hope that is not an issue. She is my co-pilot. Anyone else going to be two-up?
Of course I have no problem with people riding two-up. However, please be advised that we may be riding at elevated speeds. I know when I ride two-up, handling is greatly affected...and I back off when I ride two-up from my normal operating speeds.

Therefore, all I ask is that you and everyone else ride within your limits. When a group rides together...bad things can happen that normally don't. People wick it up to stay "with the pack".... DON'T.

I will have a safety nazi talk...and I expect people to respect that...and ride safely...while at the same time having fun.

So as we put people in groups...keep your own abilities in mind....sermon over...for now.

Ahh wheaties you're making me all homesick and shit...NOT. Y'all have fun and don't break any laws, k? Found this the other day in my photobucket account. Here's to memories.

--G

Picwowhea.jpg

Ahh wheaties you're making me all homesick and shit...NOT. Y'all have fun and don't break any laws, k? Found this the other day in my photobucket account. Here's to memories.
--G

Picwowhea.jpg
Yes...good memories from Fall '05. Picture just before we started out...

Homesick...NOT? What happened...doncha love us anymore here in the midwest?

L-R(Jay, escape, FJRocket, valetz, yamaholic, & ??)

BTW...kinda funny ME havin' to make the safety nazi talk ain't it? :) I look at myself when I says that stuff...that's fer sure.

Homesick naa, not when I have this in the backyard... End of Hijack, back to regular programming.

--G

BakerArtistPt.jpg