Seat - leather vs vinyl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have Rich show you the different type of leather, He has a Carbon fiber texture that is a nonslip leather

There is nothing like leather, which breathes. Try not to use too many "conditioner" products, saddle soap is great for keeping it clean and ever so slightly waterproof. Park your bike on the side stand and the water runs off, or put a cover on it. No vinyl for me!

I slid around on my Corbin like butter in a hot pan. I even bought Saddle Stick-Em to help keep my ass in place. Then I just got fed up and sold the seat (hopefully to someone who didn't mind the slip).

Went back to stock for a year or so.

And just last weekend I had Rick Mayer build me a seat, covered in basketweave vinyl. Unbelievable. So much better. My ass is cooler, I don't slide around, and the custom fit helped take pressure off my legs and the 2.5 hour ride home was a hell of a lot better than the 2.5 hour ride in.

Anyhow, vinyl, for me, is final - so long as it is a basketweave or some other texture.

<snip> Becomes more slippery than my ex-girlfriend at the Navy base.
LOL When the carrier went out with the battle group was the best time to hit the club! Then, for sure, you wanted leather.................