Seattle Motorcycle Show Breakfast, Saturday 2-15 @ 8:00am

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was finally able to get a commitment from the wife, so please add us to the list Marcus. She had ankle surgery last month and is either in a wheelchair or on crutches depending on where we go. I'm gonna assume we won't have to climb 100 steps to get into the restaurant?
wink.png

We'll have fun at the show - bowling for people with the wheelchair!
smile.png

It was a great to see everyone and enjoy a some real good food. Thanks Marcus for setting this up.

The show was crowded. The doors opened at 10:00am. I arrived just before 10:00am and this was the scene.

Caption: Came to see some motorcycles and gear and instead this is what I see.

IMG_0033.JPG

The Pie Smuggler caught me modeling helmets and suggested I looked better with the helmet on.

Helmet on:

IMG_0036.JPG

Helmet off:

IMG_0037.JPG

You be the judge.

I owned a 1972 185 Suzuki and this 1973 model brought back memories.

IMG_0038.JPG

I stayed a couple of hours but the crush of of people was just a drag. The line was deep to talk to many of the vendors. I like the new HJC FG-17 ACE bucket. It has a composite shell, fits well, is Snell 2010 certified for about $180. Not bad. HJC provides a lot of bang for the buck. I think I will get a new visor for my Arai Quantum II and wait to see what HJC comes up with in a couple of years. After trying a few helmets and looking a some apparel I run across the No-Mar tire changer booth. A well endowed lady was giving a tire change demo. She made it look easy but I doubt purchasing a tire changer was no the minds of many of the fellows with all the cleavage on display. I found some BMW friends nearby and we chatted a bit then I decided to ride home and try out my new riding pants. They kept me dry. Yeah.

On a 1 to 10 score I rate breakfast 12 and the show 4. They should open the doors before 10:00am.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think that was crowded, you should (or rather shouldn't) go to the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX). PAX fills the entire convention center . . . including both floors of the main convention center and the annex across the street.

At PAX you are constantly being jostled. At the motorcycle show, I felt I could swing my arms and not bump someone.

We don't go to PAX any more because there are too many people.

Having said that, I wasn't super impressed by the Motorcycle show. I would have to rate it as "acceptable."

I do agree with Fontanaman: Breakfast was great. It was a pleasure to meet you all for the first time.

Great to see everyone at breakfast, I thought the show was just ok, but it was nice running into fellow riders, I left around 12:30, I had rain for the short ride home.

I look forward to meeting up again at the Spring Tech Meet.

Great seeing all y'all and catching up with everyone's winter activities. We were out of there around noon, definitely getting busy with quite a line to get in...glad we got there early.

Visited TouraTech's shop for the first time yesterday and picked up my show-special crash bars for the Tenere! Farkles are almost done!

See everyone at Tech Day!

--G & J

Great to see everyone. I think Americana diner is our official pre-show breakfast spot, as service was great and meal was excellent.

I saw a bunch of fun bikes, but the one that really caught my eye was the Yamaha Star Bolt, but modded up as a scrambler. Cool vibe. The vintage bikes were great too, and I had a tough time deciding which was the better ADV bike: a GSA, Super Tenure, or the nifty new KTM 1190.