Setting the Record Straight about Deflate-gate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The New England Patriots...having a few restless nights prior to the NFL's championship game. But you can place blame elsewhere after the fire alarm went off in the players' wing of the team hotel at 2 a.m. Thursday, team sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. It was the second false alarm in the middle of the night this week in the players' wing, team sources said.
A Seahawk fan creating a game interference?

It was interesting to read about the Seahawks having a run of 144 penalties recently, with one thought being that the officials can't throw a flag on every play so the Seahawks get away with defensive shenanigans. Cheaters ;)

... you know next to nothing about me ....
Fred.Dude.

15,000+ posts.

...And not too many brief ones.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Jus' sayin'.

Go Leafs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim, ethical code or morality that essentially states the following: One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself .
Hey Rich. I just glanced through this thread tonight. I know nothing about football and hadn't heard tell of this deflatable-ball business until now.
But I have to interject to say: I DO know Fred. And anyone who values integrity would be proud to call him a friend, colleague, or business associate.

JSNS

Wait...I thought the Golden Rule was, we can't say Fred is wrong. Isn't there a picture of 'Fitter demonstrating that somewhere?

Many would argue that motorcycle racing (and golf) are not "sports". No room for cheating.
I've spent most of my adult life involved in Enduros and Cross Country events both as a racer and then as an official. I've also been involved over the years helping shape the rulebook for these events. Pretty much On Any Sunday during the riding season there was a need to make a ruling on someone who is looking for a competitive edge that may be a little bit outside the original intention of a rule. So if we are to use the standard set in the above quote about it is not a sport if there is no room for "cheating" then I can attest to the fact the motorcycling racing is indeed a sport. If you need further proof check on YouTube for the SX Round 3 incident invovling Chad Reed and Trey Canard and then read the 20 pages on the Supercross thread on ADV Rider where the Reed Haters and the Reed Lovers tear each other apart. Very entertaining reading.

In golf there is an expectation for the player to self-report an infraction of the rules therefore all Patriots and their fans should be banned from the links.

Wait...I thought the Golden Rule was, we can't say Fred is wrong. Isn't there a picture of 'Fitter demonstrating that somewhere?
That's not the Golden Rule, that is FJR Forum Rule #11

Many would argue that motorcycle racing (and golf) are not "sports". No room for cheating.
I've spent most of my adult life involved in Enduros and Cross Country events both as a racer and then as an official. I've also been involved over the years helping shape the rulebook for these events. Pretty much On Any Sunday during the riding season there was a need to make a ruling on someone who is looking for a competitive edge that may be a little bit outside the original intention of a rule. So if we are to use the standard set in the above quote about it is not a sport if there is no room for "cheating" then I can attest to the fact the motorcycling racing is indeed a sport. If you need further proof check on YouTube for the SX Round 3 incident invovling Chad Reed and Trey Canard and then read the 20 pages on the Supercross thread on ADV Rider where the Reed Haters and the Reed Lovers tear each other apart. Very entertaining reading.

In golf there is an expectation for the player to self-report an infraction of the rules therefore all Patriots and their fans should be banned from the links.

That's not the Golden Rule, that is FJR Forum Rule #11
OUR HERO: yamafitter - Billy Fitz!

Yeah there are some folks who would say that "motorsports" don't qualify as true sport. I am not one of those people.

Having dabbled in amateur MX (when my hair wasn't gray, as is all too visible above) I know how much of an athletic event it is. When I wrote that line I was just joking. Facetious. I don't know any motorcycle enthusiasts that would actually think that.

I'm not sure why this thread has devolved into "Let's discredit Fred W" affair. Are we all done attacking those cheating Patriots now? When you run out of other fallacies to throw at the discussion you break out the good ole' argumentum ad hominem?

And Billy, since you made up FJR Forum Rule #11, I guess you can make it say whatever you want. I'm not afraid to be told that I am wrong, when I am, but like most other folks I don't enjoy that when I'm not. You don't need any whoop ass, just be ready to explain how it is that I was wrong. I'm sure I would be willing to reciprocate. ;) For the record, you got me outright on the Helium vs Hydrogen weight mistake that I made in this very thread. After you corrected me I remembered that this why the Hindenburg was full of hydrogen (boom!) and not helium. See? No Whoop Ass required.

Those pictures are Damn funny though. No wonder Lynch won't talk to reporters. The questions are silly and his statements could get really distorted.
not_i.gif

Finally... a friend sent me the true story and photographic evidence that supports it.

Bill Belichick told the young locker room attendant to inflate the footballs to 12.5 psi and his girlfriend's breast implants to 10.5 psi. The kid just got them mixed up.

You be the judge of this incontrovertible photographic evidence.

Bill's girlfriend (Linda Holiday) before:

bill-belichick-linda-holliday1.jpg

...and after the Colts game.

bill-belichick-girlfriend1.jpg

The kid just received a raise and 5 year contract extension.

Is there some sort of sporting event this Sunday? Good... that means the roads will be clear... I'm going riding. B)
Yep, couldn't care less about this one, especially with all the hype of deflationgate and the media circus. I've been fervently praying for snow before Sunday, but I obviously have no influence.
Should I bother to tune the rock skis, or should I just roll the Feejer out?

These kinds of decisions are tough after retirement. Finally made a decision yesterday, though, and signed up for SS benefits, so I'll start receiving gas money just in time for the Black Hills trip.

Is there some sort of sporting event this Sunday? Good... that means the roads will be clear... I'm going riding. B)
Yes there is. Our local community cable channel is covering the senior citizens curling bonspiel. Truly Must Watch TV.

Yes there is. Our local community cable channel is covering the senior citizens curling bonspiel. Truly Must Watch TV.
Wow! Wish we could get that telecast! Nothing like watching one's contemporaries engaged in exciting and fast paced athletic competition. :lol:

Is there some sort of sporting event this Sunday? Good... that means the roads will be clear... I'm going riding.
cool.png
Fucking Canadians.Geez, they can never just be NORMAL.