Sierra Foot Hills - Lake Isabella

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfran

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This past week my friend Robert and I went to a church retreat in the Lancaster, CA area, so we decided to take the bikes and take a route through the Sierra foot hills. Robert has a 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100. It’s a nice retro looking bike with current technology.

We met in Modesto early afternoon on Sunday and headed for the hills. We got on 49 to Oakhurst then took 41 back to 99 and stayed the night in Visalia. No photos for this leg, but it was a nice ride.

On Monday we got an early start and headed down 99 about 30 miles then cut east and got on Old Stage Road.

Fog on Old Stage Road

IMG_6134.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

The fog broke just before getting to Jack Ranch Road

IMG_6136.jpg

Heading up 155 toward Lake Isabella

See snow ahead

IMG_6138.jpg

Snow along road side and a little slush on the road

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

Nice looking bike

IMG_6144.jpg

Burrrr

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

Met these guys from Arizona

IMG_6152.jpg

When the rear wheel just spins and sweeps from side to side . . . it’s time to turn around.

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

That is the last of pics from this leg of the trip.

Going home we went on Lockwood Valley Road. Here are a few shots.

IMG_6156.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

What a great week with riding and retreat.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the rear wheel just spins and sweeps from side to side . . . it’s time to turn around.

IMG_6153.jpg
No, um, joke, Gary. Never realized what a philosopher you are. How did those 'Zonies like the snow?

It's been so nice here this week, I just started riding Wednesday or so, found myself on Shenandoah Rd. where Omo Ranch Road comes in. I'd never taken O.R.R., so I turned up. 18 miles to highway 88. Must have been in about 12 when the snow on the roadside started encroaching onto the asphalt, and still climbing. Never did have to turn back, but I was sure thinking about it. A LOT. Thanks for the pics.

I love this shot for the snow and frost encrusted trees...

IMG_6148.jpg
Amen, Wheatdog!

Beautiful, gfran!

...I don't mean that you're beautiful, Gary, (not that you're not a beautiful human in many ways, 'cause we go way back - remember that midget cheerleading squad that shared the hotel with us in Santa Nella - holy crap, were they nimble, or what?!), but I meant that those trees and the road, and that winter light in the sky, and the FJR ...well, that's an awfully nice image.

Carry on. :D

Looks like you were in Winter Wonderland! Great pictures and ya got some balls riding till the rear tire spins and fish tails!

Doog On!

Oops, I meant Good One! :glare:

Good thing the ice up wasn't on a sweeper! Gotta keep the eye on the ice gauge to know when to turn around, No?

Today we were riding through the Sacramento Valley and Delta in temperatures that reached 80 degrees F. The fog and snow of last Sunday seem like a distant memory.

RedCaboose017.jpg

RedCaboose011.jpg