Skyway Light Brackets - Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tutorial Kaitsdad !!

Well ....after installing my Solteks today, let me add my two cents...... The black rubber grommet that KD shows removing to replace the bushings, was a royal pain in the you know where ! :angry: It took almost an hour to get the little piece out and back in ( that's the the hardest part ! ) I've no patience... I know ..I know, but here's what I came up with for the other side...........which took about 10 minutes total !

I " picked " half the grommet out the front , then swapped the bushing, reinstalled that half, then pried the other half out and swapped that one too. The rubber "nubs " that KD cut off remained in place holding the grommet in place. MUCH easier than removing and replacing that damn grommet ! :D

Both picks show the old bushing that you swap out for the new Skyway bushings.

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

The "pick " , which is just an old cheap broken voltage tester I had laying around.

IMG_1849.jpg

Hope that helps some of you out with the install.......BTW the lights are killer !!! Thanks for the hard work SKYWAY !!

Last edited by a moderator: