• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's FJR Sidestand Enlargement Footplate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty but it wouldn't last long. The stock one seems to drag a bit. :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR
Hold on a minute there before you shoot this down. I made this assembly with only a mental picture of the FJR sidestand, and like I mentioned before it does not reflect the final design, its merely a concept at this point. I am well aware of where the FJR begins dragging hard parts, and I will try to minimize this with the final design.

I am well aware of where the FJR begins dragging hard parts, and I will try to minimize this with the final design.
Ya need some beef to come up there and help lean your bike over to check the tolerances?
I'll send Mike K.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE(Canadian FJR @ Jan 17 2007, 04:49 PM) Looks pretty but it wouldn't last long. The stock one seems to drag a bit.

Canadian FJR

Hold on a minute there before you shoot this down. I made this assembly with only a mental picture of the FJR sidestand, and like I mentioned before it does not reflect the final design, its merely a concept at this point. I am well aware of where the FJR begins dragging hard parts, and I will try to minimize this with the final design.
Also worth noting that suspension upgrades are available for the FJR, and these generally tend to reduce the incidence of scraping hard parts (less wallowing while leaned over). Most of those pushing the bike to the limit of dragging hard parts have already upgraded, or should seriously consider doing so for their own sake.

Increasing the size of the sidestand pad would also not affect ground clearance for those who use highway pegs, since the highway pegs would touch down first in most cases.

Skyway, count me in for one when you figure out how to make them.

I saw ones for BMW's in the BOB's BMW handout at the BMWMOA

and wished I could get one for my FJR!

I am well aware of where the FJR begins dragging hard parts, and I will try to minimize this with the final design.
Ya need some beef to come up there and help lean your bike over to check the tolerances?
I'll send Mike K.
Yuh jist lif' thet dang ol' sucker up wif yer rite arm en reech don wif yer lef arm en flick thet dang ol' thang up en don. Ah s'pose I kud git up thar en hep yuh sum, if'n yuh nede me. Alla feller nedes tuh dew is tuh tilt the dang ol' mortersickle over a bit en mayzure. Et semes tuh me ets a wun arm exorsize. Ah corse we kud allays git sum ropes and pulleeze en hang thet bike under yer deck up thar on thuh Skyway mountainside es'tate. Et'd prolly be a mite ezyer if'n yuh wuz tuh git summa thet plywood sheets en lif et up et the rite angyuler sideways attack. If'n et wuz stuck under yer weels then yew kud kindy git en idear to wear the sidestan wuz tuh then dang ol' muffyulars.

I'll take one Ian.

Whatever the design, whatever the logo, whenever they are ready to ship.

No doubt about the final design or quality, I'm sure it too will be up to the normal skyway standards.

OK then, based on this response, this farkle will see the light of day. Right now though, I'm in the middle of a different, rather tricky farkle for MNFJR, which will take priority over everything else until I have it dialed in for him. Hopefully today will be the day.

Got one on my beamer. will want one for my , don't have yet, 07 FJR

mac

Count me in too.

I don't stop by here regularly enough, so if possible, e-mail me when you want payment. I should already be in your files for the delrin slider kit which I received today -- thanks!

-Uwe-

Yep, I has jus gots to have one too.
2247302-plus1.gif

And we can have a contest at WFO for the most scraped-up one! (cheaters need not enter).