• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Hydration System Group Buy Dec11-24 - Act Now!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Well its time to run the GB on my hydration system. Fortunately for both you and me, Warchild has put his own time and effort into making this a smooth process for all involved, for zero cost BTW. And let me tell you that it has taken quite a bit of time on his behalf to do this. It's nice to have admins around like this. :yahoo: :clapping:

The GB is planned for a 2 week period starting from today, December 11 - 24, and at this time, we'll see how the land lies.

So if any of you good folks are interested, please follow the link below for all the details.

As always, I'll try to answer any questions below. ;)

Thanks for looking. :D

www.fjrtech.com/Hydration GB

Final payment is due no later than January 5, 2007.

Stores that Carry Rubbermaid Victory 0.5 gallon Cooler Jugs 6" Diameter x 10" Tall

Target - $3.69

K-Mart - < $4

Stores That May Carry Rubbermaid Victory 0.5 gallon Cooler Jugs 6" Diameter x 10" Tall (various reports of availability)

Wal-Mart

Stores that Do Not Carry Proper Jug

ShopKo

Fred Meyer

Sports Authority

Last edited by a moderator:
In, pending paperwork. I think I'll do the ride-in install/BS deal.

Sweet! :clapping:

In, pending paperwork. I think I'll do the ride-in install/BS deal.
Sweet! :clapping:
Anytime Bob. :D Hmm, GB install? :lol:

Also, if anyone is thinking about this item and the possible upcoming GB for the fuel cell, the cover that will be available for the cell can be matched with the hydration cover.

I'm in

Can you mount on the left or the right side?? Also how does it mount on the peg?? Is the foot peg removed?? Or is the rubber removed and bolted though those holes?? Can you post some pic's on the mount, and how it bolts to the bike. I also sent you a pm. Thanks again, Smitty

Can you mount on the left or the right side??
Absolutely.

Also how does it mount on the peg?? Is the rubber removed and bolted though those holes??
This is how it will be done. I am also supplying stainless steel hex head fasteners for both the jug mounting plate and for the the rubber footpeg piece.

Also for those who want to mount this to another bike, on the GB form, there is the option of a blank base plate to drill as you please for the different configurations of other manufacturers bikes footpegs.

Iggy reported a bug in the form that threw a fatal error if the "Order Notes" field was left blank.

This bug has been fixed; one can leave that field blank now and still submit the form without any problems.

Good catch, Iggy! ;)

We have 4 orders thus far.....

I,m in. thanks skyway and warchild, bete.

Iggy reported a bug in the form that threw a fatal error if the "Order Notes" field was left blank.
This bug has been fixed; one can leave that field blank now and still submit the form without any problems.

Good catch, Iggy! ;)

We have 4 orders thus far.....
Thanks Iggy.

I was happily typing along filling out the form and got stumped by one question. My hydration equipment experience to date has been limited to the basic "stop, remove full face helmet, take drink" system. Which bite valve works best with a full face helmet - straight or 90 degree?

Thx.

I was happily typing along filling out the form and got stumped by one question. My hydration equipment experience to date has been limited to the basic "stop, remove full face helmet, take drink" system. Which bite valve works best with a full face helmet - straight or 90 degree?Thx.
I am using a straight bite valve, but saying that, I'm not sure which type is easier?

Maybe someone else can elaborate on this?

Hmmmmm, cant get the link to open........ :angry2:
Try again, its working here for me?

I was happily typing along filling out the form and got stumped by one question. My hydration equipment experience to date has been limited to the basic "stop, remove full face helmet, take drink" system. Which bite valve works best with a full face helmet - straight or 90 degree?Thx.
I have years of using a Camel Bak when dirt riding. I have used both and the strait one is the one I always liked best. I even bought a new camel bak and it came with the 90* bite valve. I replaced it with a strait one. The 90deg. when you had it in your mouth was always heavy on the hose side, it always seemed awkward. Just my 2 cents.. Smitty :)

Which bite valve works best with a full face helmet - straight or 90 degree?
It depends which direction the hose is coming at your mouth from. Over the shoulder from behind, like a camelback, 90 degree. From below, like a tankbag mount, straight.

Thaks, Skyway, Thanks, Warchild,

Order is in -

Yellow/Yellow, of course - I can't have it clashing with my hi-viz stitch ... :D

Do the confirmation e-mails go out right away?
Yep, they should, assuming you made no typo's when you entered it in the form.

I see in the database where you ordered one, Brian. PM me the email address you believed you used when you signed up, and I'll see if it matches what is actually in the database... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.