Soft case for Yamaha top box?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of.

A number of people use their local "hiking-in-a-box-store" (Sports Chalet, Sports Authority, REI, ?????) and purchase the different sized mesh and other zipper bags to keep their topcase organized. You might be able to find a zip-up totebag w/ handles that would fit in your topcase.

The Royal Star's trunk is 15 gallons which is almost 57 Liters. The 1.38 cubic feet in our box translates into 39 liters or just over 10 gallons.

I went out and bought 4 different bags (well actually 3 and one backpack)

This one fit the best and left some room to put the flat back pack in.

Bag for Top Box (at Target for $20, search for availability near you by using zipcode)

When my wife and I road to Canada from California this summer there was one stop we wished we had a backpack. I think this will be my solution. I will see how it goes on my short overnight this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Royal Star's trunk is 15 gallons which is almost 57 Liters. The 1.38 cubic feet in our box translates into 39 liters or just over 10 gallons.
I went out and bought 4 different bags (well actually 3 and one backpack)

Bag for Top Box (at Target for $20, search for availability near you by using zipcode)

When my wife and I road to Canada from California this summer there was one stop we wished we had a backpack. I think this will be my solution. I will see how it goes on my short overnight this week.
Rob,

So the Royal star bag may fit into a Givi E52 top case. Hmmm..

Good to know.

WW

Being new to the FJR world I need to ask this once. Can we order UK parts and have them shipped here? Has anybody done this? The top case bag looks good and will match the side bags (the SO will like the matching part).

I may just have to ask one of my friends to pick something up for me next time they are out there if they don't ship. In case anyone is wondering...

Monday, October 22, 2007

35.99 British Pound = 73.86660 US Dollar

Another idea would be to measure the ltopcase, then see if some of the "school backpacks" sold for kids would be close. Extra pockets ro small things, sometimes with dividers AND you could use it as a backpack for short hikes.

Goddamn, rob.....you need a bigger picture at the bottom of yer posts.
Yeah, its a little "overdone". I suspect a PM coming from admins about "Signature Line Guidelines".

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddamn, rob.....you need a bigger picture at the bottom of yer posts.
Hahahahaha I was thinking about that when I did my signature. I went on the newbie section and saw nothing about signature picture restrictions so I went ahead with it. There is a purpose to that picture.

Taken on the cascade highway in the state of Washington. I received a speeding ticket that day so the picture reminds me to keep a look out for undercover cops.

I want to take one with both bikes and then size it down. Problem with the cameras today is they take huge pictures due to the megapixles, etc.

I want to take one with both bikes and then size it down. Problem with the cameras today is they take huge pictures due to the megapixles, etc.
Yes....but photo shop or PhotBucket can size them down. :unsure:

I use a standard 20" duffle bag that I purchased at Kmart for $14.99. Fully-loaded, it fits like a glove in the Yamaha top case.

I may just have to ask one of my friends to pick something up for me next time they are out there if they don't ship. In case anyone is wondering...
Monday, October 22, 2007

That box is not the same as the made for US box.

"Genuine Yamaha 39L or 44L Topcases"?? More like genuine Givi!

Monday, October 22, 2007

That box is not the same as the made for US box.

"Genuine Yamaha 39L or 44L Topcases"?? More like genuine Givi!
The picture shows the 44L one which is not for the FJR box. The 39L one is though.

Latest posts