• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Soltek HID Light Kit GB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can order extra lenses to change the beam spread?
If all that's different is the lense and not the reflector? I'd rather buy two drivers and swap out a lense than have two lights with different brackets and color/finish. But that's just me.

But I suspect the reflector on the inside is different. So shit, how we gonna mount 4 of those Skyway? (2 of each). Maybe put the cornering ones down on the callipers like the motolites. That would be the shiznit no?

Yes, the wide cornering reflectors can be ordered at the price of $35. each. They can be changed out from the front of the light assembly. Don't quote me as to how much work this is, cause I never tried it myself. Can't be too difficult?

The light kits will be the same color configuration as the wide cornering light kits, matt black housings with high gloss black powder coated light brackets and red light rings around the reflectors. As shown below.

IMG_2166.jpg

Here's what the rock guards look like in case you haven't seen them. Priced around $15 each.

620035big.jpg

Black trim rings still optional (versus the gayassed red)?

I'll bet those lenses just drop out when you remove the 4 screws out of the trim/retainer ring.

The light kits will be the same color configuration as the wide cornering light kits, matt black housings with high gloss black powder coated light brackets and red light rings around the reflectors. As shown below.
Does this mean that both the drivers and the wide will look the same? :confused:

I'm leaning one of each, but would like them to match, if they don't then I'd consider buying two drivers and swaping the lense/reflector.

(red/black trim doesn't much matter to me, but I'm sure it does with some).

Does this mean that both the drivers and the wide will look the same? :confused:
Yes, both housings look the same in regards to color combination, except for the difference in lense appearance.

Black trim rings still optional (versus the gayassed red)?
yes, gayass black rings will be available for those gay enough to want them. :lol:

yes, gayass black rings will be available for those gay enough to want them. :lol:
:lol: :yahoo: :punk:

Lessee, two lights, two covers, two brackets, one spare "wide angle lens" (just to make sure I like the "wide view"). Hmmm.... $750ish. Ready! :good:

BTW, I was searching for headlights for my kit plane project earlier today. Lo and behold I found what appears to be these exact lights for use on airplanes sold by an aircraft lighting company. They sell them with GREEN bezels. Oh, and the were $600 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, what a shopping list this is.

Lights (pair)

Brackets (pair)

Lens covers (pair)

Wide cornering reflectors (pair)

Black rings (pair)

What else can we add to the GB?

Skyway, and others, thank you for the effort on this GB and testing of the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH -- my wallet!!

I already said yes, but I'll take a pair of driving lights with brackets, black bezel rings and one wide angle lens. Covers, too, so as to comply with Calif laws, and if'n you put one together, that HAWT switch that does the many way dance if I set up the relays right.

I am going to have the most heavily farkled garage shelf on the forum. Just need to get 12V power to it now.

I would definitely like a set of the driving lights,with a set of brackets and all the fixings. I am riding in the Iron Butt Rally this year. So as it has been said somewhere "Let there be light!" Where,when can I send my money?

Bob St.George

YankeeFeejer said:
I would definitely like a set of the driving lights,with a set of brackets and all the fixings. I am riding in the Iron Butt Rally this year. So as it has been said somewhere "Let there be light!" Where,when can I send my money?
Bob St.George
PS, I would like a set of the lens protectors also.

Thanks for setting up this great deal!!

Again for me, Two driving lights all Black, Covers, & bracket set , Yep that's the ticket err umm not ticket but well I want , that's it !

Doug, the protoypes are welded at the major angle change. These are seriously thicker than any other bracket I've seen.
Thanks mm2 for the bracket info and skyway for the pictures, appreciate it.

dougc

still in...

I like how things come together.

Just a suggestion... How about a website that we can go on and check off the different options of what we want eg

two driving lights or one of each or two cornering lights

covers and or different lense covers

The reason I was think this is as people come up with different ideas I am thinking more that I want two of each.... That way I can play around with different kind of light patterns. Then I could also put a set on my truck as well.

I am sure Skyway will have in well in hand and we can start sending in the money orders and checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.