Speigler Brake Problems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the disk to carrier or carrier to wheel? I thought the ABMs were full floaters and therefore supposed to be loose somewhat. I didn't get them so I'm just trying to remember.

The rear ABM rotor, there should be zero play in the rear rotor. The front ABM Rotors (from the Group Buy) are semi-floating to allow for expansion and contraction of the rotor and carrier. This also allows for axial and radial movement of the rotor. All of this results in a better braking response by compensating for brake disc and carrier movement.

The rear ABM rotor, there should be zero play in the rear rotor. The front ABM Rotors (from the Group Buy) are semi-floating to allow for expansion and contraction of the rotor and carrier. This also allows for axial and radial movement of the rotor. All of this results in a better braking response by compensating for brake disc and carrier movement.
Apparently from his editing, throttlejockeyTJ just learned about the nature of semi-floating disks!

There was never a problem with the front ABM rotors, right, throttlejockeyTJ? ;)