Spencer's Seats @ www.greatdaytoride.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
So, I recently sent off the Lamm seat I bought off a Forum member. Not the seat's fault, it just didn't fit me. I knew I needed to do something, because the passenger seat sucked for my wife, and on long trips, my seat was making me hurt. I tried the Lamm because I got tired of sucking it up. After I sent that seat away, I was back to the OEM seats. I remembered people around here used to talk about Spencer a lot, and I had spoken to him a couple years ago. So, I dug up an old email and contacted him again.

Spencer responded immediately and told me what he needed and what to expect. His FAQ section was especially helpful, and he included everything I needed to know about shipping. Spencer told me once he received the seat, he would have it for less than two days and then send it back. So, I sent my seats off, per his instructions, and waited.

Two days later, my seats arrived at Spencer's door early. He let me know they were there, and told me he would get to them on the next business day and told me when to expect them to be shipped. A day or two later, I got another email from Spencer that my seats were shipped, and I also got an updated tracking message from UPS. Seats were on the way. They showed up a couple days later, and look great!

Initially it was hard to get my seat to lock down into its position. I realized this was due to the changes he made in the seat's shape. However, once I got past this, the seat locked down, and the passenger seat went on without issue. I have not had a chance to ride them yet. Just sit on the dammed thing in my garage. Work is messing with my free time.

However, I have no doubt the seats will be more comfortable than the OEM version, and the work only cost me $100, plus $38 to ship them to and from Spencer's place. For $138, I got upgraded seats. I'll know soon enough if it was money well spent. In the meantime, the service from Spencer was impeccable. Great communication, and his proposed schedule matched what actually happened EXACTLY.

I was super happy with his service, and will update later about the comfort of the seats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my seat done by him years ago with the supra-core... He's straight across the state from me so turn around was even faster..

Looking at the seat, you can't tell its been touched but is considerably much more comfy and still looks stock..

I didn't have any mods (trimming, etc done), jut soften it up a little)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had him re-do my '04 and '08 seat. The '04 was noticeably better, less spongy. The work done on the '08 I wasn't really happy with. It came back in the same shape/contour as the stock seat with no real improvement in comfort, but his foam (I got the upgraded Supracore or whatever it is on both) allowed a lot more vibes to come up through the seat compared to the stock material.

I sold those '08 seats to a guy doing a RDL build and bought a used Sargeant set - much better.

When he did my FZ6 seat, he was aware and offered (additional $) to trim / fix different area's. I was happy with the overall design and declined that mod, just softened it up with the Supra core(that was 8 years ago)...

Spencer did the seat on my 05 it was better than stock but not as good as the Lamm I replaced it with. Needless to say on my 14 the Lamm seat was the first mod I made and almost the last given the time frame it took to get it. Glad I started in January when it arrived in may the season was just getting started.

I believe it is the wings that Lamm & RDL seats have that allow for all day riding if spencer offered that kind of a mod his may very well be as comfortable. I went with Spencer the first time because I did not like the look of the tractor seats on my sporty looking bike. I soon learned seats are meant to be sat on not looked at :)

I also had Spencer do the seats on my 06, rode it for a few years then ended up sending them to Seth, to redo in 2014. Mine only took 7 days total from the time I shipped them off, to the time I received them back. The Laam seats are now on my 16, and have broken in nicely.