Spider question 2004

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normanmeyers

Reaction score
I have a 2004, build date mid 2003, do I have potential spider ground issues. I see lots of information but it seems mostly directed to Gen 11 +

Thanks,
Norm

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have learned on this forum, the Gen I bikes do not have a spider problem. It is the Gen II bikes that have the issue. That is why our Gen I bikes are superior! Plus the fact I can afford the paid for Gen I bike
greedy.gif

no I need to replace the other bronze part in the lever.the one where the bolt is inserted and fix everything.

it have a lot of wear

thats why I ask if I need a press

sorry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:
@lele - You'll need to replace the levers to fix that, as the pivot bushing is not available separately. .Might be time to upgrade to some eBay Pazzo-knock-off levers. I have a set on my '14 and my old ManStrom and like them better than stock.

Perhaps it is not available throughout the States but I have replaced it here in Canukistan. I found it on the Ron Ayers parts fiche as well so presumably it is available Stateside. Part Number below.

. .Bush

3GM-26455-00-00
. .Bush
I think you are barking up the wrong bush(ing). lele is looking for the bushing that is on the left side of the parts diagram, the red bushing which lele needs is shown on the lever that the red screw goes through.

ClutchPivot-1.jpg