Steering Bearings and Races

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But seriously, now I'm in a quandry. Are tapered bearings for the FJR actually available? If so, I'll put off the service until I can get a set.
I think the concensus was that vtcornercarver and MotorSWATCop are offering to find out all that info, document a replacement, and confirm function for us. I'm offering my web site to host the write up like I did for SkooterG's most excellent "Final Drive 101" page.
You asked for it and here it is. I emailed allballs racing and Kevin replied with the following excellent information for all of us guys and girls

Our taper bearing replacement steering bearing kit is 22-1003. Cost

for the

kit is $31.97. It contains both the upper and lower taper bearing sets

along with the seals.

Regards

Kevin

So, I know that I will be replacing my OEM micky mouse ball bearing sets with tapered roller bearings when the time comes :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
EXCELLENT! Thanks.

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/maint/shb/shb.html

Info added as item 2 under "Some extra points of interest".

Last edited by a moderator:
But seriously, now I'm in a quandry. Are tapered bearings for the FJR actually available? If so, I'll put off the service until I can get a set.
I think the concensus was that vtcornercarver and MotorSWATCop are offering to find out all that info, document a replacement, and confirm function for us. I'm offering my web site to host the write up like I did for SkooterG's most excellent "Final Drive 101" page.
You asked for it and here it is. I emailed allballs racing and Kevin replied with the following excellent information for all of us guys and girls

Our taper bearing replacement steering bearing kit is 22-1003. Cost

for the

kit is $31.97. It contains both the upper and lower taper bearing sets

along with the seals.

Regards

Kevin

So, I know that I will be replacing my OEM micky mouse ball bearing sets with tapered roller bearings when the time comes :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
EXCELLENT! Thanks.

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/maint/shb/shb.html

Info added as item 2 under "Some extra points of interest".

Bounce, you work fast Brudda. VT