Survey: What's under your seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the flashlight and Leatherman, as well as spare fuses and paperwork. Love the idea of a $20 or two. Trying to figure out which Slime pump (new name to me) but is it this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-40001-Motorcycle-Tire-Inflator/dp/B000ET9SB4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1448311251&sr=8-7&keywords=slime+air+compressors
Yup, that's the one. Currently, mine fits in the front tool tray. Electrical tape fits next to it along with some other small stuff and sticky string. Make sure you DO NOT plug that into your glove box outlet. Instead, use a powerlette plug that is connected to the battery.
Ha! No outlet in the 04 glove box. Got a couple of powerlet outlets I installed for battery tender and Gerbing heated clothing.

Thanks!

Like others, I keep an aerostich mini-compressor, tire plugs, zip ties, side cutters and the like under the seat. When pulling stuff out to store inside while winterizing, I found my little ziplock with $50 cash under there too!

I'll have to remember that next spring. I had figured a little cash stash could come in handy if forget wallet and had already pumped gas at a fill-up
smile.png

In addition to a tire repair kit, a good knife, my registration, and a good set of tools, I keep a spare spark plug, a cheap DVM (the free one from Harbor Freight fits in the back near the taillight), spare AA batteries for my Garmin Vista HcX and the flashlight I keep in the top box, and a length of Plasma 12-strand synthetic rope (tie down, emergency repairs, and so strong you can easily tow the bike with it).

I keep a small compressor, a very small DC/AC converter, Co2 cartridges, a small umbrella, spare sunglasses, a ball cap, and my rain gear in my right pannier.

O.K., so a bit anal, I know.
blink.png

Power Commander, Accessory fuse box, 357 mag, slime pump with stringy plugs and the tool plus various tools, tape and a coil of wire. The $20 bill is a damn good idea. Adding that.

I hate to have to remove the seat to get at anything, so I keep nothing but the OEM toolkit there. If I want other stuff along, it will either ride in the glove box, or in one of the saddlebags.

I thought about the $20 a bit.... it seemed like a good idea ....

But then I thought further, and realized that as far back as I can remember, I have only left the barn once without my wallet. Unfortunately on that ride I was 85 miles from home and needing gas when I discovered the error. Fortunately, my son lived in that city, and he was able to swing by the gas station and loan poor ol' Dad gas money. It helped build his character ... to be on the giving end rather than the receiving end
yahoo.gif

Truly a wealth of ideas, but can we get some pics of under your seat to get an idea of how to get all this under there? This would be extremely helpful!

I keep an inflatable Yamaha mechanic under the saddle for emergencies. I keep an inflatable Victoria's Secret model under the passenger saddle to entertain me while the inflatable Yamaha mechanic enacts repairs.
Did you get them on EBay?

Latest posts