The Sickness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, ya wanker... you got sick of jonesin' after mine, didntcha?!

73jzav.jpg

And yes, I know I need to work on my footpeg positioning, thank you. :p

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my sickness has been going for many years myself! I had slipped off the wagon 2/04 myself with this! Same drug as yours! lol Pics are over a year old ( just after I got it and put a few mods on).

P5260270a.jpg

RTSR1/FJR,

So when do you get the training wheels off? ;)

Sorry, the visual just stuck in my head.... :D

Those Pit Bull stands are completely bad-ass... I've used the standard rear stand for years on all my sportbikes.

But the R-1 requires the use of swingarm spools... so if my recently ordered spool adapters would ever get here, I can finally service my R-1's chain proper... :angry:

Pit bulls may be the shiznit Dale, but you gotta admit they look like the bolt ons your dad initially put on your first 2 wheeler to keep you from cracking open your coconut.... and training wheels on an R1 is just a funny thought/image... :haha:

OH DEAR GAWD!! Look at that avatar!! :blink: :bigeyes:

The Cardinal avatar looks good from here, scoose!

Has anybody besides me tried the Pit Bull "Forward Handle Rear" stand. I love mine! The handle is right with you as stand beside-left of the bike, and you push it forward, raising the bike that way. IMO, much easier to put on by myself. I use spools, too. (standard red LP spools)

I've never loved the way my front Pit Bull stand works on the R1. It's the "stick into the bottom of the steering stem" type. Great for taking forks off and suspension work, but the way it pushes on the brake line fittings is not to my liking. I loosened the banjo bolts and slightly relocated them, but the arm of the stand still applies pressure to them.

Thanks for the "Ambient" tip, Dale.

I love it... where else would you find, under the "Bike Operation" section, an topic area called "Crashing".

:clap: :rolleyes: :ba: :dance: :drinks: :fans: :friends: :rolf: :lmao:

:atv: :alcoholic:
default_black%20eye.gif
:headbonk: :oops: :rip:

I'd prolly agree if'in I was a young 20-something like yourself. Let's chat again when you're in your mid-40's, and we'll see if you have the same perspective. 
But, I'm well into my 30's not in my 20's anymore. :eek:

I still like the R1 better for solo riding. (Except when it gets too cold, then the extra wind protection is nice.)

Grady A. Dunham

Yep, banners.wunderground.com is on the block list. It probably is pseudo-spyware (captures the image get for data mining)