Things to do and see around the Reuben Run?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
So every year for the RR, we come down, ride like hell during the days and hang out at night. Amy as been wanting to take some time to actually do shorter rides and take in some sights instead of riding hard all day. So I promised that we would. I am trying to put a list together of places to ride to for pictures and such. And you can leave out Crater Lake. Been there, done that, boring ride!! lol

Carl & Amy

You get to see ME!!!!
punk.gif

The High Desert museum is really cool.

The giant Obsidian flow on Paulina peak. real close and a nice ride up the mountain

The Lava caves. Between Lapine and Bend

Fort Rock is about 50 miles.

The local lakes all have resorts that have good lunch menus.

Mt Bachelor and I think you can ride the chair lift to the top.

Bend has a shit load of brewery's. Rent a car for that.

You can borrow my side by side and play in the forest

That should get you started.

Carl,

Just do the same old rides, but stop more often to take pictures of: mountains, rivers, dams, lava, trees, motorcycles, friends, etc. By stopping more, you will see more. I bet if you took a trip to Crater Lake, you would see many things of interest that you haven't seen before, just by stopping at every turnout with notation of something interesting.

Ken

Smith Rocks is cool but was very crowded last year. We used to ride down from Madras for a lunch when it was a dirt parking lot and a few picnic tables. Wife reminded me that was the early eighties.