Thread spin off about possible change to Rotella Diesel Oil

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an oil analysis done on my 05, nothing but Rotella T dino since 600 miles, other than one change with synthetic Rotella. I switched back to the Dino Rotella from the synthetic as that was the only time I had to add a little make up oil in a 3000 mile change interval, and I didn't notice any better shifting with the syth.

All my wear numbers were very good, the only flag I had was for higher than normal fuel in the oil, and I attribute that to either a insufficient warm up before the change, or too much sitting while I rode my other bikes. I'll be getting a follow up on the current oil just to be sure.

I'm sticking with Rotella.

Been using the product before they made the SNY. and now am using the SNY.

Dodge caravan 109,545 miles

Nissan Sentra 28,000 "

Buick Lasabre 65,000 "

Z1900 65,000 sold

z1 1000 9000 sold

FJR 28,041 "

No problems that i know of as to date .

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has confused me and whoever started it sucks eggs.
Gunny!
You started this misbegotten thread el Grande. It's all on you.
Fuzzy Balls/+1/Gunny!
Frozen Fuzzy Balls/+100/Quadruple Gunny!

Fossilized Fragmented Fuzzy Blue Balls/+1,000/Ten-Fold Gunny! I'm only bumping this thread because sportsguy has started a "Best of 2009 Thread... thread and I want my buddy ShinyPartsUp to win the competition in NERPT! This is like back in High School and you were a Senior; and you and your pals would stuff the ballot box so your Compadre got elected Class President!

If I ever start another oil thread I will let Warchild shave my head and Bustanut Joker shave my anus.

To anyone posting to this thread again: Start your own damn thread. This one is officially dead to me.

Oh yeah: :finger:

Gunny!
Fuzzy Balls/+1/Gunny!

Fossilized Fragmented Fuzzy Blue Balls/+1K/Ten-Fold Gunny! I'm only bumping this thread because sportsguy has started a "Best of 2009 Thread..." thread and I want my buddy ShinyPartsUp to win NEPRT competition! This is like back in High School and you were a Senior; and you and your pals would stuff the ballot box so your Compadre got elected Class President!!!

I don't like where this is "headed" I'll be damned if I'm gonna shave anybody's anus. :blink: I don't care what kinda oil you put on it!

:p

:jester:

Gunny!
Fuzzy Balls/+1/Gunny!

Fossilized Fragmented Fuzzy Blue Balls/+1K/Ten-Fold Gunny! I'm only bumping this thread because sportsguy has started a "Best of 2009 Thread..." thread and I want my buddy ShinyPartsUp to win NEPRT competition! This is like back in High School and you were a Senior; and you and your pals would stuff the ballot box so your Compadre got elected Class President!!!
Be careful when you pull the tail of the tiger.... :p

Oh yeah: :finger: :banghead:

Fossilized Frozen Fragmented Fissionable Fuzzy Blue Veined Tiger Owosso Balls/+10K/100timesGunny! Just helping mi Amigo ShinyPartsUp, get this beast to 4 years!