Throttle Lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 Vista Cruise

K.I.S.S.

The simplest of solutions. You can adjust speed up/down when locked.

Cheapest farkle so far. Easy to install. Not bulky or unsightly on the grip.

I did a 1179mi SS1K with it on the superslab and never got cramps or numbness using it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a 2008 manual clutch. What throttle lock has worked for you?
The person that I bought my bike from gave me a Vista. It wouldn't even go around the bar. Couldn't figure that one out. I went with the Throttlemeister. It's a little tricky at highway speeds to set, but I imagine I'll get it down after a while. I also have a crampbuster. My hand still hurts though. This too will probably take time to get used to. I'm used to Homda bars that come back and are more or an inward wrist twist that a straight back twist. That really is the only complaint I have about my bike. I do get a painful hand/wrist.

Madco.. the best. About 80 bucks.

Simple, easy to install,easier to use.

2 years of daily use, no problems.

Completed.jpg

Throttle rocker. It's on all the time. Love this low tech solution.
I use the velcro strap Throttlerocker. On road trips it keeps slipping down so that the heel of your palm has to keep going lower to make it work. Then you have to stop and adjust it back up to a comfortable position. It's better than not using it at all. Is all I'm saying.

Mick

Throttle rocker. It's on all the time. Love this low tech solution.
I use the velcro strap Throttlerocker. On road trips it keeps slipping down so that the heel of your palm has to keep going lower to make it work. Then you have to stop and adjust it back up to a comfortable position. It's better than not using it at all. Is all I'm saying.

Mick

+2 - I actually have one of each: The older style Throttle Rocker, which was just a clip-on thing (inherited with a used motorcycle) and one of the Throttle Rocker II Velcro wrap ones. You are right, the Velcro type will tend to slip down in use. I much prefer the old one. It seems to grip the grip better and never slip. Repositioning is as easy as just rotating it around in the opposite (clockwise) direction.

Unfortunately, it appears that the "Throttle Rocker" brand only makes the velcro style ones now. However, Cramp Buster makes a similar one to the old style Throttle Rocker. I would recomend going with that.