TomTom IPhone navigation app with "winding roads"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheesyRider

Reaction score
According to the interwebs, TomTom's navigation app for Iphone/Ipad has a winding roads feature similar to the one found on the TomTom Rider V5. For some reason TomTom's own website doesn't seem to mention it.

Apparently it only comes with the winding roads feature on the app for IPhones/IPads. The android verson doesn't have it.

Has anyone here with an IPhone tried it?

The app is 25.00 and eats all the memory I have left on my phone.

There is an app called greatest roads that is free for Iphone and android.

The routes are the shared with other riders. They can also be e-mailed as gpx files to other riders to use on there phones or GPS devices

Its not the greatest but it is free and can give some good ideas for rides

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked up Greatest Roads on IPad and found nothing? There were a few that were greatest southern roads

I have the iPhone 5 with the TomTom app. I have used the winding roads setting a couple of times and it works fine. There are three different levels of winding roads to choose from. Maximum, Medium, and Minimum. I don't use it all that much because I like to pre-plan my route and I have not figured out a way to load a pre-planned route into the app. I have occasionally forced the route I wanted by putting in multiple waypoints but that takes up a lot of time.

Greatest Road Motorcycle Rider GPS Road Finder - App currently 'free for limited time'

Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.